I am a deflationnist...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SNBthetrue, Oct 19, 2010.

In-De-Flat ???

Poll closed Jan 27, 2011.
  1. inflation is good

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. deflation is good

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. flat is better !

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Deflation wouldn't be fun, of course, but it would be temporary and healing. The government keeps telling us "deflation is the worst possible thing". They say that because it would expose to an even greater extend their financial ill deeds.

If BS Bernanke and the government persist in the "print as much money as possible to prevent deflation", America will likely go down in an inferno of inflation and currency debasement.

2. Rational inflation is necessary to create jobs in the economy

3. Rational inflation every year leads to high inflation after some years.

4. MKTrader

MKTrader

Spoken like a brainwashed shill...

Bernanke & co. have to make deflation look like a 3-headed monster--even though it's not.

5. The endless issue with inflation is all about money (what is it) how much of it do we need and is printing more of it a way to create prosperity.

If you print you create inflation. Inflation is a hidden tax. Redistribution of wealth occurs.

If you dont print deflation occurs. It is as destructive as inflation is.

SOLUTION.

Commodity backed money. Any new issuance of money must be backed by an asset supporting such value. Like securitization ( in the exotic financial world). The only difference is that securitization creates paper on top of paper.

Money creation trough securitization of commodities will create just the right amount of it, at a good equilibrium we all desire.

LET THE MARKET CHOOSE WHETHER WE WANT MORE OR LESS.

6. Not it isn't...just another government lie.

Deflation is temporary, healing, rejuvinating.... it's the natural cure to inflation.

INFLATION = DESTROYER OF WORLDS!!

7. Deflation is equally destructive. Specially in the long run.

What fantacy book have you been reading???

8. I thought you were smarter than this... Guess I was wrong.

9. Only if from demand. Any inflation we get will be due to debasement of the Dollar.

Worst of all worlds.

#10     Oct 19, 2010