I am a consistent winner because

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ProfitTakgFool, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Great quote
    I would add:
    'I recognize my mistakes and learn from them - rather than repeat them endlessly'

#11     Feb 7, 2008
  2. Joab

Joab

After 20 trades your all of a sudden going to have the skill sets required to trade intuitively :confused:

I highly doubt that.

I think most people miss the point (as usual) He clearly states that having skills (honed from experience ) AND the right attitudes is the path to consistency.

Anyone can constantly make $50 per day with a slight edge but can you live off of that ???

NO

It still takes market knowledge to develop real edges that stand the test of time and are super profitable.

#12     Feb 7, 2008
  3. After todays er, ah interesting activities --- I am adding a rule to my trading plan

3 losers - your out for the day

I made 31 trades today - way to many to even look back and try to understand what I did or why

rookie mistake

#13     Feb 7, 2008
  4. I didn't mean after 20 trades you would reach intuitive level. He implies it takes years to reach the intuitive level, and during that time is when you are developing better and better systems. And having to constantly tweak those systems.

#14     Feb 7, 2008
  5. volente_00

volente_00

In my opinion that is the best trading book I have ever read that has actually helped. Best 40 dollars I ever spent on a book. It helped me reach the turning point in trading and I think it should be required for anyone considering trading. I own both books but did not get much out of traidng in the zone. Maybe it was because I could already get in the zone but lacked the disciplined to stay there. One of my favorite quotes from the book.

As a result I inadvertently learned one of the most important lessons to becoming a successful trader: how to "accept" a loss without any negative consequences. No guilt, anger, shame or self punishment."

#15     Feb 7, 2008
  6. lol
    You know how to do it but you had to stop doing that ?

#16     Feb 7, 2008

7. perfect could not have said it any better

#17     Feb 7, 2008
  8. I am a consistent winner because I don't think anyone myself included can be a consistent winner. :D

#18     Feb 8, 2008
  9. qxr1011

qxr1011

IMHO there is no such thing as a consistent winner. There are winners and losers, and degree of their winning/loosing consistency keeps changing over the time.

#19     Feb 8, 2008
  10. qxr1011

qxr1011

may be you should not :)

#20     Feb 8, 2008