I am 98% convinced that the way to profitably trade by yourself is like this

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Hotcakes

Hotcakes

It's all semantics. Trend follower? Or trend anticipator? Who cares? Either way, both require trading on the right side of a trend to profit. Old or new....

#21     Feb 17, 2018
  2. Not really. See a reversal is before the trend is established. So you're actually trading prior to any trend.
    And picking reversals is way harder than spotting existing trends.

But yeah, as a general rule, without any benefit to a trigger-puller, you want to buy low and sell high (sell high then buy back low).

#22     Feb 17, 2018
    Handle123 likes this.
  3. schweiz

schweiz

But the profits are made trading WITH the trend. So "both require trading on the right side of a trend to profit" is correct.

#23     Feb 17, 2018
  4. To me, 1a2b3cppp is the only person on this forum who has posted a profitable journal with entries called in real time. So I'm not sure what you're talking about.

#24     Feb 17, 2018
  5. Newc2

Newc2

Maybe adding at a higher less favorable entry price and trailing a stop has an immense benefit in that it addresses the age old problem of exiting trades too early.

As trading is a psychological battle maybe scaling up is worth far more than it initially seems.

The real answer lies in each and every person's own Journal. Good for some. Not good for others

#25     Feb 18, 2018
  6. Correct. It is more closely related to fortune telling, and fortune losing if you are a fan of the Texas hedge, as you claim to be.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    #26     Feb 20, 2018
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

Look up idiot in the trading dictionary and see:

those who can't trend trade, claim others can't as well.

#27     Feb 20, 2018
    tomorton likes this.
  8. I'm uncertain what Texas hedge means.

#28     Feb 21, 2018
  9. bh_prop

bh_prop

#29     Feb 21, 2018
  10. I rarely trade options so I don't understand how that applies to me.

#30     Feb 21, 2018