I am 25, but I whish I was 85, so I could die.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confused-NOT, Nov 23, 2006.

1. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

Man, too funny. Looking for advice about Depression? The best source is formerly or currently depressed people!

Get back to nature. Tough to find any ugliness in nature. Find yourself a mountain, hill, bluff, etc ... and some water. Hike hard for miles, ditch the ipod. Focus on the environment around you.

If you can, whistle with any birds you find along the way. Very therapeutic.

#31     Nov 24, 2006
    #32     Nov 24, 2006

3. That is my new desktop now, at least for while - the pix you upload.

Have any other good ones. Nature scenes?

#33     Nov 24, 2006
  4. Toronto,

I have thousands in my head, from places I've been, but that's not going to do help you. I'm on a computer that doesn't have access to my photos, so I'd like to suggest going to Google Images and searching using words like Alpine Lake, Hiking, Wilderness and narrow it down to a particular state or wilderness area or park. You'll find hundreds from which to choose. If you're looking specifically for mountain lake photos, my favorite states for maximum scenery are Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Northern California & Colorado.

I've logged hundreds of miles on the trails of some of these states. They're all great destinations.

#34     Nov 25, 2006
  5. Banjo

Banjo

6. hcour

hcour Guest

For great wallpapers the place to go is deviantart.com. Absolutely amazing stuff there. Sometimes the site can be very slow because it's so popular, it's better to browse it during off-hours. Here's a link to some of the landscape shots. You can see at the top the page the category is Photography/Nature/Landscapes. Click on the "Time Range" at the top of page for more or just go to the next page.

You also can click on the "Category" button on the top left. They have all kinds of art. Best wallpaper site I've found on the net, and it's free.

http://browse.deviantart.com/photography/nature/landscapes/

H

#36     Nov 25, 2006
  7. #37     Nov 26, 2006
  8. Banjo

Banjo

Another thing you may consider is finding some one who really wants to kill somebody, anybody, and invite him over for an evening of heavy drinking. If you live through it you'll know your not as depressed as you thought you were.
    You really will have to keep an odd sense of humor about you as you go through life. Humans are not a particularly fine species.
    Civility is in general a thin veneer. Hope you don't find this too depressing :D

#38     Nov 26, 2006
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

ive hiked many backcountry trails myself....from yosimite to just recently doing the narrows...

#39     Nov 26, 2006
  10. watch 3 stooges, beavis and butthead, and the jackass movie.

#40     Nov 26, 2006