I am 25, but I whish I was 85, so I could die.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confused-NOT, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Listen, I know more about depression that most psychiatrists.
    Since none of them could cure mine, I had to spend thousands of hours of my time learning to do their job better than they could.

First question: Are you isolating? Do you work out of your home?
    Do you go for days without leaving home? This both <i>causes</i> and is <i>caused by</i> the depression- a vicious circle you must break before it gets any worse.

Now come the key questions most physicians don't know to ask.
    I'm trying to figure out if you have endorphin-deficiency depression like I do:

Do you have a weak immune system? Could it be said that you don't know of anyone who catches nasty colds as often as you do? Think: This is important. Secondly, you know the so-called 'runner's high' other people talk about? Have you ever experienced that for yourself? If you're like me, you're physically incapable of feeling a 'runner's high'. Physical exercise would just leave you feeling lousy and exhausted.

Look, odds are you're probably not suffering depression from the same exact physical condition as mine... but if you are, I can save you from going through the frustration of years of incorrect and ineffective medical treatment. Saving people from going through the same shit I had to- that's my hobby.

#21     Nov 24, 2006
  2. You know we often don't know how lucky we are. We take so much for granted. Imagine how offensive we would sound to a Russian in some back water nuclear waste ridden s***hole in Siberia! Or some Somalian child who has had their parents blown away by a warlord.
    Life can sometimes get us down but think of how lucky we are.
    Take train to some beautiful country location and breathe that air! (..and don't think of the Republicans while you are doing it, it defeats the purpose!)

#22     Nov 24, 2006
  3. Lol, i actually found it-
    Alex, you werent thinking of this, were you?
    http://folksong.org.nz/howlucky/index.html

Its a top track, i first heard it with john clarke and crowded house on a local tv station................

Oh, and to the OP, Ive always found a righteous, and spite filled grudge will give you more than enough reason to keep going.

#23     Nov 24, 2006
  4. man

man

ET is a nice place with many nice people. aside of all our
    bashing habits we really do care for our fellow posters. this thread
    is the proof.

#24     Nov 24, 2006
  5. man

man

very interesting. i think i came over mine mostly due to meditation.
    it has gradually become better over the years and then seemed
    to be gone. depression is really squeezing you from inside out.
    and if you are not too stupid you somehow consciously realise
    how it is coming over you, and there is nothing you can do about
    it. you stop, at least i did, telling people about how you feel, since
    you knew it wouldn't change anything anyways. f..., just remembering
    it is terrifying.

#25     Nov 24, 2006
  6. fellas, I do appreciate all your posts, I really do,

but I already posted that I will try fishing and walks, see if that changes my attitude.

lets get back to trading cause I feel a bit embarrassed now :)

#26     Nov 24, 2006
  7. man

man

you ought to. you just hired 50.000 potential baby sitters ...

#27     Nov 24, 2006
  8. Remember...You can always ask Baron to change your handle if you wish.

Make tomorrow a new day.

Michael B.

#28     Nov 24, 2006
  9. confused,NOT

I’m just about the same age as you than you and I've felt the same way a few months ago. It’s a sign of maturity. Ignorance is bliss until you awake to the ways everyone is constantly suffering thru clinging, craving, and grasping. Then cheap thrills no longer do it for you anymore. This depression is really a liberation, because that’s what it takes to get you to stop looking forward all the time - then all you have is now – and that’s all you’ve really ever had to begin with. Now you can do anything you like, and really enjoy it cause you’re not looking forward to anything else.

We shall not cease from exploration
    And the end of all our exploring
    Will be to arrive where we started
    And know the place for the first time.

- T.S. Eliot

#29     Nov 24, 2006
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

thats the problem....maturity at 25???:D

i hear ya though.....living "NOW" is where its at

#30     Nov 24, 2006