I am 25, but I whish I was 85, so I could die.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confused-NOT, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Late onset Teen Angst.

No really. That's how I felt when I was 18.

#11     Nov 23, 2006
  2. At 46, I've definitely had my share of ups & downs and can be cynical at times (especially about religion and people), but overall I feel very positive about life.

I would like to share with you a few things that you can do that are relatively inexpensive and I'm almost 100% sure will help you for the rest of your life. Give it a try. Start doing this in by December and you will thank me by 2007. This is no joke.

1) Go to a dog shelter and bring a dog home. I have a German Shepard. I highly recommend this breed. Find a puppy if possible. Get a book on how to train him/her. I never had a dog until my forties. You will bond with this animal like you never thought possible.

2) Get a Topo map of your state from the bookstore and locate hiking trails within an hour of your house.

3) Get yourself over to REI and buy yourself a decent pair of hiking boots.

4) GET YOURSELF AND THE DOG INTO THE WOODS! The combination of nature, solitude, the dog, and beautiful scenery is unbeatable. Spend enough time there and you will start to notice things that most people don't. You will also want to come back time and time again with your new friend. This one step alone can put you mind back on track with or without the dog.

5) I don't know if you exercise, but for me it's an absolute requirement to having a good life. Started at 10 and never stopped. At the very minimum, walk the dog in the hood for at least 30 min. every day. Preferably, include some form of weight lifting and maybe purchase a stairmaster or treadmill. The science is there that this increases positive moods.

6) Drop some of the red meat out of your meals and replace them slowly over time with fruit & vegetables.

7) This is an advanced step after your mind is back on track: FlyFishing at remote mountain lakes (or rivers for some) can take your mind to a place that at least for me, is not possible anywhere else. After FlyFishing at places like below, you'll never want to turn 85 for fear of never being able to return.

I hope the above helps you.

#12     Nov 23, 2006
  3. Some really great advice here, especially the last one and Electric's. Everyone has some degree of your mindset at times. Humor really helps, I watched the Gold Prospector Channel last night and these guys were having a contest shooting at a beer can from 20 yards with a 22 cal. None of them could hit the damned thing and it was one of the hardest laughs I had since Rubberbird got booted from ET. Don't ever give up, every day can be awesome... It's up to you to find it. I'll pray for you pal.

Rennick

ps. Go down to a local nursing home and hang with some of the folks there for an hour. It will change you. :cool:

#13     Nov 23, 2006
  4. Maybe you have the flu. It's flu season. I remember the flu making me feel sad and hopeless. I remember getting very tired when I get sick with the flu.

#14     Nov 23, 2006
  5. What I believe you are expierencing is mid-life crisis. What would I sujest is....

1) Find new objective in your life. i.e. get new goal in life.

2) Change the old rutienes.

3) Dog doesn't sound bad.

let me ask you if you have kids....if not get some...lol...adopt, make, wtv

Get married if you did not yet. If you did spend more time with the wife.

And final do what you love. That always helps.

#15     Nov 23, 2006
  6. What I believe you are experiencing is mid-life crisis. What would I suggest is....

1) Find new objective in your life. i.e. get new goal in life.

2) Change the old routines.

3) Dog doesn't sound bad.

let me ask you if you have kids....if not get some...lol...adopt, make, wtv

Get married if you did not yet. If you did spend more time with the wife.

And final do what you love. That always helps.

#16     Nov 23, 2006
  7. hmm... you know what, that is great input guys,

I don't want a dog, BUT, I will give fishing a try

aahh fishing great idea,

chance to leave city life and just get some air, oh and reaching these fishing spots will take walking which means exercise

great posts guys, thanks

oh and tuning out red meat somewhat is a good idea too

in the mean time, lets go back to trading :)

#17     Nov 23, 2006
  8. you are depressed and you need help immediately.

i have been there before too. its not a happy place.

really and truly - you are crying out for help and that is a bad sign. please talk to somebody...

the guys who are cracking jokes on this link and mocking - you are fucking assholes.

depression is very common and there are lots of ways to treat it. a lot of it has to do with getting a better grip on your thoughts. but first and foremost - you need to unburden yourself..maybe buy some self help books too. go see your doctor anda therapist. maybe a temp solution will be antidepressants but you gotta take control.

excercise is good. wayne dyer is a good resource - he has lots of books and you could even download the audio on limewire. meditation is good. volunteer work is good. keeping a journal is good. focussing on times when you were positive and felt good about life is helpful. keeping your family in the loop is good. maybe there is a history of depression?

it took me a few years to beat depression and now i am more in tune with my thoughts and how to control them. mostly for me i think of other less fortunate people when i am down. not to be nasty - but i reflect on the fact i have my health and arms and limbs and a warm meal every night. you just have to keep searching and trying new things and eventually things will cleal up....just don't give up...and imo - trading is a pretty isolated and miserable thing to do if you are depressed...

god bless and hang in there

#18     Nov 23, 2006
  9. Yes, many other people feel that way.

You are not alone..

If you are within driving distance of a hospital, take a drive and just sit in the lobby and see all the worried people coming and going...some even crying cause a loved one just passed away up in their room...

Sounds depressing I know but it will do your mind wonders to see others and how much misery there really is in the world at any given moment.. Then when you live the hospital and walk outside, look up to the sky and take a deep breath and say..."fuck, it's great to be healthy and alive"

You are not alone

Chin Up !!

#19     Nov 23, 2006
  10. teuton

teuton

Lots of interesting people have killed themselves. If you are truly so jaded and sick of it all, I cannot believe that you would not consider suicide. Therefore, you must not be as bad off as you think you are.

Yes, there is no point. But if you really think about life being pointless, it can be a great relief.

So kill yourself or don't, it doesn't really matter.

#20     Nov 24, 2006