I always buy at the top!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bat1, Jul 20, 2010.

1. You might be a redneck if you buy on an uptick and sell on a downtick.

---Nutmeg Foxworthy

#11     Jul 21, 2010
  2. DrEvil

DrEvil

Or if the conflict is too much, give your buy and sell calls to a partner who will fade your trades.

#12     Jul 21, 2010
  3. xburbx

xburbx

There is a lot of insight into this paragraph that says a lot about your trading.

Indicators
    Not seeing support and resistance before you enter the trade
    Blaming the market
    Not having a strict entrance and exit plan

Just a few things to point out. Not being mean, but just what I grabbed from what you wrote.

#13     Jul 21, 2010
  4. Look on the bright side, it only took you two years to be a perfect trader, now just reverse your executions and you'll be raking it in

:)

#14     Jul 21, 2010
  5. On a serious note, try and talk to yourself before each trade and remind yourself about the validity of the setup. Is it real or emotional. Alot of times actually talking to yourself out loud makes a real difference. I think as humans we know when what we are about to do is wrong (taking an emotional trade, eating cake at 2am, talking to killthesunshine in chit chat, answering a Crgarcia thread etc) but we still do it anyways. However, if we actually took a moment to say, out loud, "is this really worth it" we'd probably do far less dumb things as a species.

:D

#15     Jul 21, 2010
  6. Just give up....figure out why you like trading, and rechannel that focus elsewhere. you can do it.

#16     Jul 21, 2010

7. A "smart ass" is someone who can sit on an ice cream cone and tell you what flavor it is :)

#17     Jul 21, 2010
  8. best advice.

all the action and duping takes place at the lows and highs. rarely is the top/bottom put in until there is one last dupe swipe to break the highs/lows. this is the hardest area to trade but beginners and pikers are always obsessed with trading it. I suspect part of it is for the psychological victory of getting the top or bottom print.

#18     Jul 21, 2010
  9. ebaronjr

ebaronjr

First, great post!!! Anyone that has not have the same issues are lying to themselves. Trading is 90 percent mental. My only suggestion, is if you don't like trading off of support lines, playing the bounce in the trend, don't play the breakout until the market retreats and gives you an entry near the previous swing point.

Whatever you do, Paper trade and journal first so you have a track record before you trade with real money.

Good luck!

#19     Jul 21, 2010
  10. reversing buy/sell will not work either.:D

#20     Jul 21, 2010