I almost lost my Shirt , trading today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ksonsinc, Jan 21, 2006.

1. The MAx profit i have made since i have been trading is $200 looking to brake that hopefull this week but slow and steady wins :)

#81     Jan 28, 2006
  2. Wrong thinking again Kson, forget about making profits at this point. Your goal for the next 3-6 months should be to learn how to take money out of the market consistently. Figuring out how to manage your risk as well as you can and stepping up your game accordingly. Learning how to trade well on all the different days will lead to profitability down the road.

Forget about this unrealistic goal of avg $300 a day everyday after only a few weeks of trading. Focus of the things that will make you successful and the money will come in time.

#82     Jan 28, 2006
  3. Well steven T thank you for your advice
    I have learnt a lot the more day go by trading i have learent more new thing new strategy and new stuff new idea,s
    hopefully let see how this week goes :)

#83     Jan 28, 2006
  4. I agree with Steve. I happen to have no losing trade this week. Does that mean I am a better trader than last week? NO and I know it. It is how I handle losses that makes the real difference. That part has not been tested all week and all I know is that it's getting rusty for disaster.
    I have often thought about this. Why do we always try to control risk and increase focus after disaster? Why not do it all the time? I am going for "LESS (excitement) is more" nowaday.

#84     Jan 28, 2006
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

From 01-25-06.

#85     Sep 4, 2007
  6. or you can go for the classic 5 x timeframe of choice = long term time frame to determine trend as per Elder.

#86     Sep 4, 2007
  7. ravan

ravan

1.5k is nothing compared to the knowledge you gained on the kind of trade you need to avoid :).

http://tdairy.ponnur.com

#87     Sep 4, 2007