I almost lost my Shirt , trading today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ksonsinc, Jan 21, 2006.

1. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

Steve, I would think the the smaller voulume stocks would move quicker than the larger voulume ones. With 200K share volume, liquidity could become a problem. At least with AAPL, you know you can get out. The OP needs to get some money management skills.

#51     Jan 22, 2006
  2. Well steven T
    thank you for your information
    can you give me some name of stock Nasdaq do that i can follow up and see how it is

BDGBDG
    also if you can provide me some name so taht i can check on that
    thank you for your knowledge :)

#52     Jan 22, 2006
  3. Its much easier to sniff out the buyer or seller in a thinner stock. As a new trader, you shouldnt be trading more than 100 shares anyways so liquidity shouldnt be an issue. Its much better for the new trader to learn on these stocks so that they can train their eyes to see how a buyer or seller works an order in a stock with less noise than an AAPL or INTC.

#53     Jan 22, 2006
  4. You have to do that research on your own. A lot of successful trading is constantly researching stocks to see whether or not the stock is worth trading at this moment. A stock may be dead for 3 months, and then all of a sudden, for a couple weeks it makes some great intraday moves. Spend a couple hrs after each trading day going through all the stocks within your volume and price parameters and see how they traded that day. Isolate the ones that made decent intradays moves that were smooth and catchable. Usually the next day or the one after that you'll see the buyer or seller re-emerge and you'l be ready to front run him.

#54     Jan 22, 2006
  5. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

Read Market Wizards! The best trading book ever. It has some great money management tips too. But, remember, you have to develope your own style.

#55     Jan 22, 2006
  6. Well i have told my manager to reduce my shares to 500 max when i put in a order of 1000 shares it say you are not allowed
    They call is risk management
    Put i will reduce my leverage to 1:15 i think it is much better
    then i will have to work hard to sniff stock out which i think will move cause leverage is very dangerous especially like a day like fri small and consistent is the best policy

#56     Jan 22, 2006
  7. Dude, you HAVE to make yourself trade very small for awhile. I'm sorry but this is for your own good. If you cant control yourself, you are going to have serious problems making it in this business. Discipline is of the utmost importance.

#57     Jan 22, 2006
  8. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

Well, best of luck and remember: you can't win if you don't play, and you can't play if you don't have any chips.

#58     Jan 22, 2006
  9. :cool:

#59     Jan 22, 2006
  10. I had the experience of losing 2k in a trade. I would advice yourself to calm down and do not trade 1000 shares or even double up on Monday. Do not have the feeling of having to make it back in a day or two.

Go to a smaller share size. Implement your regular setup (you should have the best setup whether you are up +/- 2000 the day before).

If you can bounce back from this, you are going to be a more successful trader....

good luck

#60     Jan 22, 2006