I actually listened to Cramer and....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chrismontez, Jun 3, 2009.

1. As much as I hate to admit this, even though I had traded both, I was having trouble deciding whether to long term invest in RIG or COP in Jan and let 'The Street" influence my decision to buy the integrated instead of the driller. Bought COP at $49 currently at $46. Rig was about the same price, currently at $80.

2. ElCubano

ElCubano

could have easily been the other way around...the only difference is that you would have let go of the winner by now...

3. bit

bit

Monkeys.... is there any reason NOT to own one?

4. If this is a long term investment made in January, why do you give a shit where the price is now? Being down $3/share after 5 months on a long term play is nothing to worry about.

5. "If this is a long term investment made in January, why do you give a shit where the price is now? Being down $3/share after 5 months on a long term play is nothing to worry about."

Well I'm not down as I hedged with short calls and have a BE in the high $30. But being up $35 on Rig would have been a lot nicer than $6 on COP.

6. "could have easily been the other way around...the only difference is that you would have let go of the winner by now..."

True and could have then bought COP almost for free with my profits from RIG. I'm not whining, just pointing out that all the reasons The Street analysts had for why the drillers were a bad play and, maybe even a short recommendation, were obviously wrong.