Hypothetical Trading

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by litmikel, Apr 7, 2008.

1. litmikel

litmikel

Hello

I have done tons of research on day trading as I know it has a very steep learning curve. I feel that I am ready to actually try it however I was wondering if there was a way I could do it without risking my money.

Basically I'm asking if there is a program or training software out there that will let me access market info real time during the day and make hypothetical trades. This will allow me to practice and create a strategy before I actually enter the market officially.

Thanks a lot

2. cmilian

cmilian

i Use ThinkorSwim, They allow you to use play money for as long as you like before wireing money.

3. 1) One first-time poster advising another! Gotta love it!
    2) You sound like a perfectionist. Stop wasting your time looking for "certainty" and trade real money. You'll have to confront your fear of loss and being wrong eventually.

4. cmilian

cmilian

:)
    You are right is funny.

Want to use money, but, Dot have it right now. Its a good thing cause I would have lost it all if I havent learn a few this here and there. I am reading a lot, practicing while I can get my hands on some mula.

5. Yannis

Yannis

Open an account with Interactive Brokers - their simulator uses their excellent data and is very good.

Btw, speaking of hypothetical trading, what if there were no hypothetical questions?

:) :) :)