Hypothetical Disclaimer, Run or Stay?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by BlueTurtle, Jun 22, 2012.

1. If you see one of these, or similar, on a website that promotes trading education, should you run or is it pretty normal?

I think this disclaimer is in place so they can say they make 10k a day and blah blah blah, and really make it seem like it's real money; however, fall back on this disclaimer if ever sued.

When I go to a mutual fund website, I don't see this sort of disclaimer. I see a risk disclaimer, but that's fine.

thoughts?

======================================

Hypothetical Disclaimer: All results are considered to be Hypothetical unless otherwise specified: Hypothetical performance results have many inherent limitations. Unlike an actual performance record, simulated results do not represent actual trading. Also, since the trades have not actually been executed, the results may have under or over compensated for the impact, if any, of certain market factors, such as lack of liquidity. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those shown. In fact, there are frequently sharp differences between hypothetical performance results and the actual results subsequently achieved by any particular trading program. Furthermore, only risk capital should be used for leveraged trading due to the high risk of loss involved. One of the limitations of hypothetical performance results is that they are generally prepared with the benefit of hindsight. In addition, hypothetical trading does not involve financial risk, and no hypothetical trading record can completely account for the impact of financial risk in actual trading. For example, the ability to withstand losses (and incur account drawdowns) or to adhere to a particular trading program in spite of trading loses are important issues which can also adversely affect actual trading results. There are numerous other factors related to the markets in general or to the implementation of any specific trading program, method or system, which cannot be completely taken into consideration with hypothetical performance results and will affect trading results and your P/L.

2. Macho

Macho

Simple.

These "educators" are required, by law (CFTC) , to post the disclaimer for any trades they pretend to make.

Even if they trade real money :D they still have to use the disclaimer and if they claim that they are real money trades they can be subjected to an audit by the CFTC.

So don't get involved with any of these educators in the first place.Unless you want to waste more money and time. :eek: