Hypostomus Tests Jack

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by hypostomus, May 17, 2004.

1. crizan

crizan Guest

Stupid question maybe, but how is 'pace' defined in a systematic way? And how do I know wether it is fast or slow? Is it based on some average for x periods?

Maybe we can define a set of criterias that can be programmed into a system.

Thanks!

#51     May 18, 2004
  2. ...thanks for posting. My problem is, how do you define, say, a rocket? The most casual perusal of charts shows a high percentage of moves which start out with hyperbolic characteristics and then reverse strongly. Jack shows charts of rockets, but how do you know when to pull the trigger before the move has fully formed? It is easy to get killed by what looks like a retrace after the first breakdown/breakup bar.

#52     May 18, 2004
  3. ...if you MUST know, the trade which I took which COULD have been a Jack trade occurred at around 9:45 ET. It was a long in NQ triggered by a system I call "Six Gropes at a Bottom" (see attached chart). The chart is in PT. See the formation from 8:11 to 8:47 PT. It was inspired by experience in bars that if a half dozen gropes are repulsed, you might as well go in the opposite direction.

Also, in a recent post, I generously disclosed to an amazed ET a new chart pattern, complete with graphic example, entitled "The Market Attempts to Take a Dump While Standing on its Head." This is an extraordinary pattern guaranteed to make money if you have balls enough to trade it.

Also, if you looked at my first post, you'll notice that I included REAL WORKING BRILLIANT .efs code, which ain't sumpin' ya see posted ever' day. It is not trivial to fake E-Signal into simulating an intrabar market order.

I do not believe that you are a system trader, as I have not seen you haunt the usual milieus wherein we commune. When I have the leisure, I shall read your posts so I may appreciate your own contributions to ET.

As for my attitude, it IS ugly. I am ugly. I could always get an extreme makeover, but you will NEVER develop a sense of humor.

#53     May 18, 2004
  4. Banjo

Banjo

Well Hypo, I see you've done it again, mom said no,but I convinced her you'd be ok without a sitter, silly me. Now that you've gone into the woods and beat on the trees, the monkeys are out and you're standing there naked with no bananas. I hope you're faster than you were last time, that was a mess.
    Jack is a complicator, I know not to what end he does this. He may just as easily say: "PLAY VOLUME DRIVEN TRENDS" with a couple of footnotes mentioning that price bars have tops and bottoms, it's ok to draw lines at both places and that volume means more than before. Gee thanks Mr. Rodgers. As the astute dbphoenix mentions, a free copy of Wycoffs book should be included in the 12 minute course.

#54     May 18, 2004
  5. ...these are not monkeys, you just missed the notice that we're having a system traders' talk show. This time is different, I am taking my meds. The creative well has run dry, and I am stealing oodles of great ideas from the solicitous folks who PM me inquiring as to my mental well-being. But don't bother me, I am busy coding up voodoojack.efs. Later.

P.S.: I like your connect-the-dots trading idea. Could you tell me what the rules are?

#55     May 18, 2004
  6. nwb - what technique are you using to slalom with the 5,2,3?

JT

#56     May 19, 2004
  7. mind

mind

banjo

i like you.

peace

#57     May 19, 2004
  8. ...wounded me deeply with the accusation that I am ugly, unfunny, and contribute nothing to ET. It is especially painful because it is true. To begin to start thinking about maybe getting ready to commence to potentially contemplate possibly ameliorating this situation, I offer to all of ET this new system, inspired by Jack, and dedicated to Jack. It is called the Jack-Off system, for reasons which will become clear as you thoughtfully examine the attached chart. With thoughts of loving kindness for all of ET, and especially for Sunny, I am yours sincerely, H.Plecostomus.

P.S. For you Beginners whose Rockets aren't burning on all nozzles and who need an explanation, the big volume spike on the 5 second chart at 11:31:10 (Pacific Time) accompanied by the panic NDX/NQ premium divergence is the Jack-Off. Experts, you of course would wait until the Jack-Off had been thrice tested before making your high money efficiency entry.

#58     May 19, 2004
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Impressive. :eek:

And I thought the Adam and Eve was racy . . .

#59     May 19, 2004
  10. Unfortunately I'm not really learning anything from this thread but
    I love the entertainment value :D

http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/gpleco2.html

JT

#60     May 19, 2004