Hypostomus' proposterous surreal-time journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by hypostomus, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Interesting. For some time now, it has been a pet theory of mine that some of the best market plays tend to occur while in an induced state of profound psychosis. Your anecdotal evidence supports my thesis. Carry on.

#41     Oct 21, 2003
  2. May I call you "Dog"? I feel as if we already are friends. In addition to my full-time stewardship of the impostor poster (imposter postor?, it is sooo late in the day here in New Jersey, and past time for my afternoon visit to the pharmacy), I am further enjoined by my Director to serve as liaison for this institution to the trading community (if indeed in the strictest sense of comeraderie there could be any such). I am told that this community outreach service will be viewed most favorably by the State auditors in our next annual review.

It is indeed curious that you should note that there seems to be some element of psychosis in trading. The now-gone-missing Dr. Emeritus (oddly, now Nurse Dominica is gone, too) always seemed to me to be a bit "queer", in the sense of the 18th century usage of the word, and he became a "trader" in his dotage. With my unaccustomed leisure (no patients to torment, haha!, I jest), I have taken the liberty of reading some of the threads and posts in your most peculiar institution. My initial impression is that the name EliteTrader is oxymoronic. Is this meant to be subtly humorous? It appears that one cannot tell with you "traders", and there is no happy face after it to give me a clue.

But I digress. I have been in professional practice, ministering to the needs of the mentally disturbed, nigh on these thirty years. But I must tell you, in all candor, and with no offense intended, that never before have I encountered such an assemblage of "loonies", if I may be permitted just this once to use such a popular and judgemental a term.

Are you perhaps familiar with my profession's diagnostic and statistical manual, formally referred to as the DSM-IV-TR? No matter. It is a thorough compendium of descriptions of all of the currently agreed-upon psychic disturbances. Your "ET" verily is a veritable real-life real-time case study of these disturbances! It is most frightening, even to an experienced and jaded mental health care professional.

I had read of the dangers of the internet, but I quail at the thought that all of your posters are at liberty. One can only imagine in one's darkest moments what these people do in private. Ample substantiating evidence can be found in the fact that as of the time of this writing, 1454 views have been made of these demented ravings in less than two full days. How pathetic! It is small wonder that my patient was attracted to your forum.

From the scantiest and hastiest of random samplings, I have seen posters who suffer from narcissism, grandiosity, hypomania (hmmm?), free-floating hostility, masochism (the "kick-me, I'm a newbie" syndrome), self-mutilation (through the surrogacy of their brokerage accounts), Tourette's syndrome, identity confusion (especially with respect to fictional characters such as "Gordon Gekko"), senile dementia (endlessly repeating themselves), paranoia ("Whole universe want know my system, but I no tell!"), speech difficulties (inability to use indefinite articles), rambling schizophrenic "word salad" discourse, phantasies of precognition (predicting the markets), antisocial behavior (threats of sexual abuse (f**k you!, implying "I want to...", which are suggestive of latent homosexuality), anti-social behaviors (which we formerly labelled disparagingly as psychopathic) such as attempts to "con" naive traders with offers of trading guidance, depression ("I lost over $700 in 30 seconds")... I could go on ad nauseam, and in fact I do feel faintly nauseous.

I must to the pharmacy to ameliorate my incipient withdrawal symptoms.

Your friend, Arthur (Art) Deco, M.D.

#42     Oct 21, 2003
  3. hypo this is a waste of time man. if u wanna do this do it in chitchat. if you wanna share or contribute something of real value... it's not too late, just start another thread.

#43     Oct 21, 2003
  4. At first when I started reading the posts at large on ET for the first time earlier today, I was stuck by the extraordinarily uncommon names of the posters, naively thinking that they were actual names. How foolish of me. Now I realize that when people are free to be autonomous (literally, "self naming"), they unknowingly choose for themselves names which have unrecognized unconscious significance for them, but which are deeply psychologically revelatory, and which meaning is manifestly evident to others.

For example, without giving it a moment's thought, one would immediately think that Kay is your Christian name, that you are a female, and that you are a trader. However, your "signature" clearly says that you are a male, and not a trader. The cheap "pop psych" interpretation of this would be that you either have or invite gender misidentification, and that you are masochistically proud to proclaim to a forum of clearly perversely obstinate traders that you do not trade. Of course I am much more sophicated than that, and never would suggest any such thing.

But a deeper meaning suggests itself to me. Could it be that Traderkay is an incomplete expression of what is deep within you? Two possibilities leap to mind. First, the complete, but unexpressed, name could be Trader-Okay, a very trade affirming thought whose realization you might be resisting allowing into conscious awareness, for fear of actually achieving trading success. The second possibility is that the full name is Trader-Kayo, suggestive of a very negative "knockout" experience in trading, which must be accepted and dealt with via the classic seven-step grieving process before you can move on to achieve the trading greatness within you.

In any event, I hope this helps, and please do not be embarrassed to consult me any time. With respect to this being a waste of time, I do that think that your cry for help disguised as an accusatory post was a waste of time at all. It certainly did not waste my time, as I enjoy helping others. Also, it led us together to begin to understand why you post here at all.

The next time we talk, I will explore with you the potential similarities between paper trading and masturbation, in the hope that together we can find a way to help you to face the risk of trading, with its devastating potential for failure, self-criticism, self-loathing, perceived rejection, and reduced self-esteem.

As to the subject being inappropriate to the Journals forum, so far my impression of the journals posted is that they are mostly unintentionally humorous, and certainly as harmless as the present dialogue. As to it belonging in ChitChat, the Journals authors are mostly talking just to themselves anyway, so that is no valid criterion for moving a thread. Your post fairly begs the question, why are YOU reading this thread? I think you knew in your heart of hearts that by corresponding with me that you would find your way as a trader.

And do remember one thing: this is a no-fee forum. That means ET profits solely from advertising (unless they are taking the other side of the posted trades, could they be that smart?), and in the cold hard non-world of cyberspace, it's the hits that count, and this thread IS getting the hits, at the astonishing rate of 62 per hour, including the overnight period.

I trust that eventually we can become friends. Have a wonderful evening.

Yours truly, Arthur (Art) Deco, M.D.

#44     Oct 21, 2003
  5. LOL

#45     Oct 21, 2003
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

It's hypo's journal. He can do whatever he damn well pleases.

#46     Oct 21, 2003
  7. ...you tell 'em, white boy! I heah from yo' one mo' time "Kay", I moan bitchslap yo' good. The night shif is here, and we ain't got no candy-assed bleedin' heart so-called doctors with funny soundin' furrin names here! Sanctimon'yus bastard, that Deco. This is MY show now! I was gone 'cause I was chasin' afta that no good theivin' Emeritush, who got hold that mo'chine befo' me. So befo' they fries that grey haird baldin' pot bellied raving perverted multple personal'tied old maniac down in the 'ment (an' believe you me, they will frie him GOOD, seen it done, it AIN'T pretty), this gal gonna get that tradin' system outa him. He think what I use do him BAD, he got a SURPRISE comin'! Ah tooka look at what he say 'bout op'nin volume and volatil'ty, an' there be somethin' to that, ah swan! Sister DoMINica's mama did NOT raise no fool. She work two job fo' the man get her baby outa northun 'Bama, a racist hellhole if ever was there one. Can you IMAGINE what it like bein' born in a town called ARAB? You cain't never live somethin' like that down. It be 60 procent white, an' 100 procent cracker. Oh theres GOOD jobs fo' a sista theah!. Howsomever, when I gets that system, you be the firs' to know, 'cause I goan get me a ET 'count and fleece yo' gull'ble feeblemind rich suckas fo' all yo' is worth, and then I'm goin' afta yo' credit! The DO-MIN-I-CA system! Pay by the year? By the month? Yo is goan pay by the call! We be bringin' tradin' to the 'lectronic age, pay per call, like the 900 numbahs. I gots plenty 'sperience widdat. You GONNA love it. DO-MIN-I-CA! Whut ah do nex'? Ah doan no! Ah 20 cars short, lak you done tole me do, an' the market up 10! You gots TELL me! Where's mah tools? Heah I come fat boy!

#47     Oct 21, 2003
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Grob?

#48     Oct 21, 2003
  9. ...cain't even spell yo' own name! Yo' ain seen he post of late, ah be bettin! He be singin widda girl choir when ah finish. But hush! Watch fo de numbahs at 9:31 in de A of M. Dat be New Jersey time, eggplant! Ah be gittin 'em, ah be sure. Goan be a LONG nite haha!

#49     Oct 21, 2003
  10. ...be de numbahs da fat boy coff up fo' yo' pale face pimple ass white boys. Fat lotta good dey do ya, itsa no noos day (no noos AIN'T good noos), eggplants! NQ/10/22/L/1412/1404.5/1425/S/1398/1405.5/1385. HypostoMUS, he be HypostoPUS now! Now yo' set up yo' vindicators and yo' osculators lak de fo'ma man say, an tekk yo' n-ema's, too. Yo' wants tomorras numbahs (dey be diffunt on a noos day, turnip! An' yo' taught yo' had it figgerd, melon hedd!)? Gotta call 1-900-DOM-INICA (doan pay no nevemind 'at last numbah, Ma Bell smartern yo', she kno igno' it. She uz a woman 'o culluh, Alekszander, he hissef doan kno dat). 'Fo yo' calls, tek a deeeeep breaf an' open yo' wallet. De call, it go frew two fo'ma sovyet republick and Mauritaneya fo' it be gittin to moi. Summun ansa say "Hots for you have I, comrade!" tellem "Cutta crap an' gimme DOMINICA". Doze russki gals allus 'ad tits fo' branes!

#50     Oct 22, 2003