Hypnosis Anyone?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Pabst, Sep 30, 2002.

1. bundle,

thanks for the insight. yes, bandler explicitly and clearly states "robbins is a licensee of mine" it is part of the answer to the seventh question on that page. please read it again carefully.

best,

surf

#21     Oct 2, 2002
  2. Market- thanks. One of my buggaboos is not reading carefully. I never saw this and neither Bandler nor Tony talks about this generally. I guess they don't need to.

Andy- The quick answer is that you become upset with a bad shot because you have conditioned yourself to do so. You can condition in or out anything that you want, and it doesn't take long. For example, Tony on stage typically finds a guy that is scared to death of women. Like if the guy gets close to a knock out, he'll want to puke. Then Tony does a short conditioning excersise, and all of a sudden this guy who had this immense fear of rejection, is thriving off that same rejection, like it's energizing him. If you want to be able to do this, get Personal Power tape set. For a couple hundred bucks you'll know more about how people (including yourself) tick than any psychologist. And you can make change that sticks. Check on Ebay or local used book stores, often you can find it cheap.

Again, as I said before, it's all about choice. How do YOU want to feel, act, etc. In order to produce a result (making money trading for example) you need to produce a certain set of behaviors. Most of us know what those behaviors are, but yet we can't quite get ourselves to do it. By carefully weeding out beliefs that get in the way, elliminating unuseful conditioning, and operating in optimum states, we begin to exhibit the behaviors that produce the results we desire, virtually automatically. This doesn't have to be hard. As a matter of fact, if it's hard, it's probably not right.

I'm going to put together my master reading list related to matters pyschological and post later today.

#22     Oct 2, 2002
  3. Here's my book list, in no particular order.

Psycho-Cybernetics by Maltz
    Wholeness and the Implicate Order by Bohm
    The Lives of a Cell by Thomas
    The Power of Silence by Castenada
    Quantum Reality by Herbert
    The True Believer by Hoffer
    Influence by Cialdini
    The Age of Spiritual Machines by Kurzweil
    Mans Search For Meaning by Frankl
    Power of Myth by Campbell
    Advanced Techniques of Hypnosis and Therapy by Erickson
    Changing Belief Systems with NLP by Dilts
    Dynamic Learning by Dilts
    The Power of Business Rapport by Brooks
    The Miracle of Sports Psychology by Bennett
    How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World by Browne
    Emmerson's Essays by Emmerson
    Time Line Therapy by James
    Practical Intuition for Success by Day

NLP in 21 Days by Alder (this book is published in England
    and might be hard to find, but it contains the best explanation
    for novices of NLP techniques that I have yet found)

Every and any book written by Tony Robbins, Richard Bandler
    Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, Napolean Hill, Connie Rae Andreas

And believe it or not Tools and Tactics for the Master Day Trader
    by Velez. The 1st half of the book is nothing but psychology for
    traders and how to deal with those issues. It is an
    awesome book. It's so simply written and non-technical
    that many I've spoken with don't think a lot of it.

#23     Oct 2, 2002
  4. Maybe there should be a Buddah Trader forum for people who want to 'zen out.'

#24     Oct 2, 2002
  5. Great idea Puffy,

Just finished reading Zen in the Art of Archery. If ever there was a great book on trading, this could be it. I've had the good fortune to observe a number of extremely talented traders and this book does a better job of describing the process than any I've previously read.

#25     Oct 2, 2002
  6. sherif24

sherif24

bundlemaker,

I noticed Kurzweil's book in you reading list. I read it a bit ago. Trading-wise, what did you take away from it? I'm curious. Thanks

#26     Oct 2, 2002
  7. great reading list. "age of spiritual machines" is excellent. i would reccomend to you:

1. techgnosis

2. 500 year delta

3. tao of physics

although none are market related, they will affect one's ability to view the market in a BIG picture format. these books have changed my life for the better.

enjoy !

surf:)

#27     Oct 2, 2002
  8. I tried it 5 years ago and it did not work.... Just my 2 cents

#28     Oct 2, 2002
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

it could be book about some sports or about meditation, I can even relate it to process of finding a parking space..crazy huh! :D

#29     Oct 2, 2002
  10. peter,

tried what? and for how long? with what kind of belief system surrounding what you were doing? If it can work for one person, it can work for anyone. Whenever I've come across someone who says "it" doesn't work I've found either the correct strategies are not being applied, or there is an underlying belief that says all this mental stuff is just so much fluff. The latter was my position. I thought it was all a crock of crap. What changed for me. Well, for some it's a positive experience, for others it's a negative one. I tried so hard for so long, and nothing worked. I got so much pain (mental and physical) that I had no choice but to make these ideas work. I am by no means 100% there. I have days I want to chuch everything I've learned, crawl in a hole, and mope. But that's a miniscule portion of the time. I'll say this again, I'm not posting these comments to "recruit" anyone to my way of thinking. If you're happy most of the time (I mean really happy) with what you do, who you are, and what you have; fantastic. You don't need this (or perhaps are using it without being conscious about it). On the other hand, if you're not where you want to be with your trading or otherwise, only a very foolish and narrow minded individual would discount the ideas presented without doing a lot more than just "trying". And yes, I consider myself to have been exceedingly foolish. I wasted a great deal of my life. I share these thoughts, because in the process of many fabulous people helping me in ways I couldn't have imagined, I made a committment to pass on the knowledge in an attempt to help anyone interested. I hope you take my comments as such.

#30     Oct 2, 2002