Hyping on these boards!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by spud, Jun 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitman

Hitman

Just to add to Rtharp's comment, many super successful senior traders at my firm eventually became trading desk managers, they still trade their own account, but the money they make from commissions makes it possible to take their income to next level . . .

As a day trader I think you will eventually top out at a few million a year (not that I will ever get to that point), but successful trading desk managers can contest for 10 million a year and beyond . . .

#31     Jul 2, 2001
  2. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

i don't have a problem with spud asking about conflicts of interest but it is my opinion that he did so in a very antagonistic fashion. rtharp, hitman, and gene have all been very upfront about their affiliations. also, if you were to investigate any info that these individuals have posted you will find it to be very accurate. it is the very information that these guys post that keep me coming back to this site on a daily basis!!! i am not familiar with gene's firm but i can tell you that i do know that rtharp and hitman are enthusiastic about their respective firms because they happen to be with two of the best.(imho) there is a firm out there that had their lawyer threaten this site if they were not removed from the broker rating page. i assert that we should not worry about those that openly announce who they are but rather focus on those that are afraid of honest scrutiny.

#32     Jul 2, 2001
  3. tradeRX

tradeRX

yeah. spud could have said "thank you mr tharp sir".

#33     Jul 2, 2001
  4. limbo

limbo

Zboy-- forgive me but there he goes again.

#34     Jul 2, 2001
  5. tradeRX

tradeRX

limbo. howdy. lighten up man. can't you take a joke? ;-)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

#35     Jul 2, 2001
  6. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

Rx,

this is a great forum, i hope you don't ruin it for us. i for one don't appreciate your comments directed at my last post. if you disagree with what i wrote, fine i respect that, but please don't make smart *ss comments.

#36     Jul 3, 2001
  7. Babak

Babak

just treat others they way you want to be treated.

Since we can't see each person's body language/face, you have to be careful how you come across. So please be polite and continue to maintain the high level of this board.

Otherwise, leave.

#37     Jul 3, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.