Hyping on these boards!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by spud, Jun 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spud

spud

It wasn't just rtharp that I was asking about, it was a few others on this site that promote propietary firms. I know that propietary firms recruit traders through referral fees. If that's the case than anyone whom favors or promotes such an entity should make it known to new traders in particular that recieving fees off of their trading is his or her intention. If you do not receive referral fees you should make that statement, as your intentions and motivations can then be fairly received.

Steve

#11     Jun 30, 2001
  2. tradeRX

tradeRX

i "talk just to talk"?? that's a shot isn't it???

fyi, that remark to tharp was meant as humor. i submit *you* are guilty of that which you accuse me. comments such as yours are obviously not intended to be funny. therefore, i can only assume *you* mean belligerence.

what are *you*, limbo, talking about??? in other words, what do you mean asking "what are you talking about???"? what specifically in my wordage don't you understand? i'll be happy to discuss it with you.

"Criticism is never negative, only the criticism of criticism"

'tradeRX'
    6/30/2001

#12     Jun 30, 2001
  3. If you guys need to continue your tete a tete, do it via email, not on the boards. Any further bickering will force me to delete any further posts that contain personal and character attacks. Thanks.

#13     Jun 30, 2001
  4. aura0663

aura0663

Hey what's up-I thought that this was a trading site ( not a sh*t throwin contest) I, for one, am grateful that there are traders like rthorp contributing to this unique site

#14     Jun 30, 2001
  5. tymjr

tymjr

Sh*t Throwing Contests. Ahhhh. My father use to take me to those as a boy. How I miss those good old days.

#15     Jun 30, 2001
  6. zboy2854A:

Spamming ought not be tolerated. Neither should defamatory comments. However, I for one would encourage you to not be too quick to exercise your powers of censorship.

#16     Jun 30, 2001
  7. Hitman

Hitman

I would assume part of the "hyping" is targeted toward me. Yes, I work for Worldco, yes, I love the firm and I am very passionate about it because it gave me an incredible opportunity, and sky truly is the limit here at Worldco.

I am DEAD SERIOUS about prop. firm versus homer, there is no comparison for a newbie, there are just too many adavantages at a prop. firm that it is completely FOOLISH for anyone new to the business and passes up an opportunity of working at a prop. firm. Even for veterans, working at a firm has way too many advantages, that if his primary concern is about making as much money as possible, unless he has as much resources as a firm he should be working with one.

As for myself, no, I do not get any bonus for any referrals, but I am renegotiating my deal with the firm soon and I would appreciate anyone who visited Worldco to mention my name at the front desk.

I think people on this board are bright enough to separate spams and genuine posts. I don't see any need to disclose anything when I am telling the truth, nothing but the truth. If you don't like it, you don't have to read my posts.

#17     Jun 30, 2001
  8. Hitman

We are with different professional firms that are competiton with each other. I feel though that both firms have benefits and drawbacks. It really depends on the trader. I've posted before contact info for your firm and others. I feel that is the fair way to be by allowing others to check out what each firm offers.

I find your journal interesting and feel it adds some different ideas for traders. I do disagree with you and Bright. It is possible to make it outside a professional firm but they are without a lot of edges we share such as bullets (gotta love them)

Would you mind sending me an email (click on my name here) as I'd like to get into some discussions with trading eventually with you.

rtharp

#18     Jun 30, 2001
  9. dg2000

dg2000

I also just want to say that I don't believe rtharp is hyping. I've read many of his posts and I've read his father's great book.

Later,

David

#19     Jul 1, 2001
  10. NKNY

NKNY

I also enjoy and look forward to reading posts from rtharp.

Nick

#20     Jul 1, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.