hypersenstative twit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Never voted for Bush, and I was on the Johnson Country Democratic Board of Directors for 3 years, Johnson Country IOWA which is considered one of the 10 most liberal places in America. But being a Republican or Democrat has nothing to do with finding stupid stuff stupid.

Edit: I may may have voted for him in 2000, in 04 maybe I did by default because having had the opportunity to meet him several times I could not stand Kerry (I think that the Dems choose the only guy in the world who, in 2004 could not have beaten GWB)...so I could not vote for him either, but my distaste for Bush runs strong.

#11     Sep 27, 2007
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Speaking of O'Reilly, did you happen to listen to the entire conversation he had, or did you just take the little snippet that the idiots want you to consume and listen to that? Because, if you listen to the entire thing he was addressing the real issue of the racial devide which still exsists in America, and did it in a way that again, only the hyperactive twits would find cause for worry with.

#12     Sep 27, 2007
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

In some cases I actually think it stems from a very deep feeling of moral INSUPERIORITY that seems to effect a lot of Liberal Arts educated types and such. They are told all the terrible things that we whicked white people have done to the world, kicked the Indians out and threw them onto the reservations (never mind that..well never mind), Inslaved Black People (never mind the fact that..well never mind)..etc etc etc..You get the idea. After having this pounded into your head day after day, I think a lot of people feel guilty about their own history and feel the need to "make up" for something they have nothing to do with. But what do I know, I'm just a white guy from Iowa with some conservative opinions..which makes me an obvious idiot and terrible person :)

#13     Sep 27, 2007
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Why did the auther feel the need to condescend older people, and what was she seeking by doing so?

#14     Sep 27, 2007
  5. i'm not defending the author. i'm just surprised that you think it's 'freakish' for blacks to find the term colored offensive. maybe you're using hyperbole - but if you sincerely believe that's 'freakish' you're way outside the norm to put it tactfully.

are you saying it's ok that you want to call blacks colored, because the author is guilty of the same thing as you?

...and no i don't watch orielly. i think the comment speaks for itself and there's no context that can justify acting surprised that blacks are civilized.

#15     Sep 27, 2007
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

First of all the author is white, and second I've asked a number of blacks this specific question "If an older person calls you colored, are you offended" 5 said no, my radical AFRICANamerican sister in law was slightly, but not greatly, offended. (I was suprised, I figured she of all people would be off the rails about it) Now, when I asked them the question, if a younger person (say 40 or less) calls you colored, are you offended? Three said yes, one said slightly so and one so not at all. But, it comes down to the context. When an older person calls a black person colored it is in every single case a dramatic improvement from what they grew up hearing them called, and I doubt any of them mean it disrespectfully, in fact I suspect they are trying to be as PC as they can be. Its a matter of context though, which I know is over a lot of peoples heads and under their feet on important supposedly emotional matters, but context does matter.

#16     Sep 27, 2007
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I don't make it a habit to watch him either, I find him obnoxious, but I think you will find it interesting to take the entire segment from his radio show IN CONTEXT, rather than take one quote that can get everyone all up in a stew.

#17     Sep 27, 2007
  8. "Never voted for Bush."

followed by:

"I may may have voted for him in 2000, in 04 maybe I did by default."

Hmmm, some might think that train of thought sounds "retarded."

If I said based on your words of:

"never voted for Bush...I may have voted for him in 2000, in 04 maybe I did by default"

and If I were to say that the thinking expressed makes "you sound like some cancer is eating out your brain"

Would you be offended?

See, words can be found to be offensive...by some people.

Just as some people can't change what is happening to their minds and bodies when they are ill, people generally can't change the color of their skin, and find references to either their skin color in a demeaning way, or find comments about their physical/mental condition resulting from illness as demeaning and offensive.

#18     Sep 27, 2007

9. i just stepped in to defend the fact that 'colored' is widely accepted as an offensive term. something that i'm confident is plainly obvious to most people

you and aaa are wrapped up in issues of inferiority/superiority... it seems like hoping to justify a clearly abnormal position on the basis that some author you disagree with also generalized a group

#19     Sep 27, 2007
  10. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

the one sure fire method to make many whites (and virtually all liberals) grovel is imply they are racists. if more attention was paid to the culpability of blacks for the slave trade, we would be
    past all this, after-all it was black africans who supplied the vast majority slaves to europeans. our only hope is that blacks' (or colored's if you prefer) fixation on white women continues, they'll eventually disappear.

#20     Sep 27, 2007