HYPERINFLATION RALLY. The dollar is $HIT

Discussion in 'Economics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Sep 16, 2009.

1. fseitun

fseitun

Looks like the over 10yr old EURUSD/SPX correlation has been taking a pause.

What if the correlation has ended?

Markets will keep going higher and EURUSD will keep going lower.

#51     Mar 23, 2010
  2. maxpi

maxpi

If you say so...

#52     Mar 23, 2010
  3. Dollar will never lose value

There is more to dollar's value than just M1 numbers.

#53     Mar 23, 2010
  4. The dollar is going to shit, and banks are paying Money under the mattress rates. Remember this great quote.

""Go to where the puck is going, not to where it is." (Wayne Gretzky)

Just like everything else. The pundits loaded up on bank stocks and housing when it it was at the peaks, Keep buying, LEH,BSC,C,CFC,etc.. great BUY BUY BUY.

Same with Gold, when gold was trading in the 300s or less, did you see the pundits saying BUY BUY BUY?

Yet now when gold is trading at high price points, All the TV and radio pundits are jumping on board.

Like The famous quote says.

"Go to where the puck is going, not to where it is." (Wayne Gretzky)

Repeat after Me.

"Go to where the puck is going, not to where it is." (Wayne Gretzky)

#54     Mar 23, 2010
  5. ashatet

ashatet

Imagine that there is Hyperinflation and you need to get your groceries, would anyone be concerned with their portfolios. Those shares in Yahoo or Cisco will not mean much. Even gold may stop working.

#55     Mar 23, 2010
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Indexes in the Weimar inflation days lost about 99% value before the hyperinflation was over.. I'm thinking that only hard assets and maybe select Forex pairs are going to make it..

#56     Mar 24, 2010
  7. S2007S

S2007S

HAHA, there is inflation all over the grocery store, not only that but those fucking companies continue to take the quantity down and charge the same price, I have seen it across all product lines in the store. These companies think they get away with keeping prices high and giving you less product, it has become a joke.

I go food shopping at least once a week and the prices continue to rise.

Take a look how much they get for Toilet paper and paper towels.

Orange Juice

Cereal

Crackers and Cookies

Meats and Bread

The list goes on.....

Prices have gone up and will continue to go higher, anyone who says inflation isn't there is lying.

#57     Mar 24, 2010
  8. And bonds signaling danger.

Hopefully you guys got on the equity bull bus last year.

#58     Apr 5, 2010
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Stagflation anyone?

#59     Apr 6, 2010
  10. To be fair...There is one product that has gone down in price. Coca-cola. Its now 2.98 for a 12-pack near my house. A few months ago it was between $3.50 and $5.50 per 12 pack depending on where I went.

#60     Apr 6, 2010