Hydroxychloroquine fails to prevent COVID-19 in rigorous study

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by ph1l, Jun 4, 2020.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

News is moving fast these days and there's a lot more news than normal.

I guarantee others didn't know there were prior articles about it. :D

Yet, the new publish results are interesting because I saw somewhere here at ET by someone that stated there's "no published" results. Simply, for that person specifically...you're good. :sneaky:

wrbtrader

#11     Jun 4, 2020
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Wouldn't it be easier if he just frequently washes his hands, practice social distancing and wear a medical mask ?

Actually, I can't remember where I read it a few years ago...staffers say he's somewhat of a germophobe. If that's true, I then can understand the thing about him taking these preventive treatment but then again...

If true about him being a germophobe...why doesn't he wear medical masks, frequently washes his hands and practice social distancing especially considering he lockdown the U.S. and paying Americans trillions of dollars to stay home along with him increasing the U.S. national debt...

Decreasing the U.S. national debt was one of his campaign promises.

https://www.thebalance.com/trump-plans-to-reduce-national-debt-4114401

Something doesn't add up other then to consider the possibility that he has a personal financial gain about hydroxychloroquine that we do not know about.

I wasn't able to vote the last U.S. presidential election because I was in the hospital and just came out of a coma...

I can not wait to cast my vote against him this November. Too much chaos with him in office. In fact, was going to do absentee ballot from here in Québec, Canada but instead will fly back to the U.S. just to vote in November to ensure I'm heard.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    #12     Jun 4, 2020
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Now we are getting into psychology and politics. He doesn't want to look weak, so he doesn't wear a mask. Whatever. That is not the point.

The scientific point is that by sheer luck or knowledge he actually has used the best medical defence available right now. (ionophore + Zinc) Yet everyone is quoting bad studies and crying about it.

Now he might have some business interest in that, but again, that is politics and economics, not science. (and have to give it to him, he picked the right drug if he owns some HCQ maker stocks)

If people don't like HCQ, they can use other ionophores that are cheap, safe and widely available as supplements (Quercetin, EGCG)

#13     Jun 4, 2020
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Maybe true but I've only watched a news commentary from a former WH physician about the issue and a video of him getting asked a question by someone asking him about HQ in which he responded he had been taking it for 2 weeks under the care of the current WH physicians.

Not sure about what studies you're referring too but the most recent study seems legit as in so far it has not been debunked by other medical / health / research organizations.

Yeah, I have a strong interest in the economics and science considering so far...there's a connection between such within the WH itself...resulting in bringing in the politics.

Simply, I'm not going to disconnect the three (politics, economics, science) considering the WH is also not doing such...the reason why we're now in this lockdown mess. :D

Yet, the U.S. is not alone...other world economies did the same.

wrbtrader

#14     Jun 4, 2020
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

I read on reddit from second hand that in the Philippines all the doctors are taking HCQ but they are not advertising it because of being afraid of shortage. They are not taking it because of Trump, but because they believe in it.

Furthermore:

" India recommends hydroxychloroquine for health care workers at risk of COVID-19. Bangladesh has a similar policy. " (Apr 8th)

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...ronavirus-infection-begin-health-care-workers

#15     Jun 4, 2020
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I don't think the Philippines needs to worry about a shortage considering India for several decades has been the king of producing the medicine for malaria (more of a health problem in India).

Philippines is listed at the below link as one of the countries that India is sending the medicine to.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...t-countries/articleshow/75186938.cms?from=mdr

I don't live in a poor country like that. Yet, I do understand other treatments are more expensive and/or not accessible in comparison to HCQ that the country already has mass storage of such at very inexpensive costs.

Simply, I can understand why they believe in it. :D

wrbtrader

#16     Jun 4, 2020
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

#17     Jun 4, 2020
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You should review the research studies out of India and others...HCQ works and others say it does not work. Yet, it is approved as a treatment for malaria.

Simply, choose which one you want.

I prefer to just continue washing my hands, social distancing, wearing medical masks and being careful about those I allow into my environment.

Let the scientist keep arguing about HCQ until a vaccine is developed or an approved government treatment for Covid-19...all of which aren't costly to the average consumer.

Yet, I'm not going to hold my breadth for such to happen anytime soon (as in this year).
    • Is there a reason why you're so concerned about HCQ ?
    By the way, I don't closely follow the news about HCQ. Thus, I didn't know the WHO had paused (temporarily halted) its clinical trials on HCQ. Stuff like that usually leads to the wild wild west of trials being performed by others due to so much pressure to find a vaccine / approved treatment.

Just did a quick research. More info about the company @ https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-world-health-organization-hydroxychloroquine

Like I stated...the wild wild west.

wrbtrader

#18     Jun 4, 2020
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yet you keep posting expertly in a thread about it... :)

#19     Jun 4, 2020
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH EH HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH--- fake news

#20     Jun 4, 2020
    jl1575 likes this.