HydraTrade is anyone using it?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gimp570, Jan 18, 2006.

1. gimp570

gimp570

Does anyone have any experience with Hydratrade? I know that it is new...have they worked out the bugs?

2. gimp570

gimp570

how does it work for remote traders? anyone trading with it remote?

3. Which firm this plateform belongs to?

4. gimp570

gimp570

Spartan Technologies, LLC made it and I guess they lease it to trading shops

5. lescor

lescor

I trade remotely on Hydra and have found it to be pretty good. It's modeled on the Hammer/Anvil platforms from Assent. It's extremely fast if you are a scalper.

A few features need to be added before I'd be 100% sold on it. For example, you can't sort your positions in any way (symbol, P/L, etc). And you only have one screen layout to work with, can't save multiple ones. They keep saying these features are on the way though.

It's a pretty stable platform, never crashes, but they do have the occasional glitch with one of the nyse lines. There are other small issues that are more annoyances than problems, and show the newness of the product. With each release they fix a few more of them. Very customizable keyboard layout and the basket trading is first rate.

I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10. Still lightyears ahead of point and click mouse-based platforms in terms of speed.