Hydra Trade?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dtrader2002usa, Oct 16, 2006.

1. After a ton of dd on some trading platforms I am about to start trading on Hydra Trade by Spartan Tech. Anyone have any additional feedback on it? Laying it out seems pretty in depth which I like alot. Any special Features I should try out? Thanks in advance!

2. How much did you pay for it?

3. lescor uses that, and he obviously knows his craft very well. See if you can get a response from him.

4. Well, it's been a few weeks banging on the keys of Hydra and I am very impressed. I like the customization of the keys and the smooth flow of execution. Just my 2 cents.

5. Couple things i like you can try:

1. L2's will link to charts (like esig). Also i much prefer using linked TAS's not the ones int the L2.

2. Spray keys are nice, you can set them to split up your order to all the routes or send out multiple orders.

3. I like how you can preset the number pad to specific numbers. 0-9 is in 100 share increments, but then i program the + - * keys as bigger lots. Saves time for me.

All i all i like it its pretty reliable. Needs a new route to the spec and an improved reserve key, both which are coming (hopefully sooner than later!) I like the depth of the message monitor as well, shows me what went right/wrong.

6. Yes, I agree with you 100% on the linking. I like the seperate T & S better that in the L2 window. I use the sprays a lot as well. The guys at Spartan have done a good job updatung things and they should have a new release soon. I like using the ECN's for listed and the NYFIX connection hasn't given me problems, so I don't need any other floor routes. Having the connection to NITE helps too since I do occasionaly buy OTCBB positions and it's a good out in a fast passed mkt.

7. 777

Superior tech support, speed and stability.

Superior options.of.. total Hot Key Trading (extra fast) , Mouse (point and click) or Hot Key/ Mouse Combo.

Advanced Basket Capabilities, Spray, Trailing Stops, etc.

Real time indicators and filters.

Owners will modify platform when presented with reasonable Trader Requests.

I like it better than Redi, Hammer or Real Tick.

8. Yeah, the support is great. The kids there (I say kids because they are very young, but so helpful) are on top of everything when you call. I gave some requests and out of 5, 3 are done. I know they can't do everything at once, but they really do try to make you happy. So far so good.

9. lescor

lescor

I've traded on a lot of platforms and I also think Hydra is the best I've used. The basket feature is amazing.

I keep a running list of suggested improvements that I forward to Spartan once in a while, so if you have any ideas, pm them to me and I'll add them to the list.

I got to meet and spend a weekend with the owners of Spartan earlier this year. Good guys and they've built a good support staff.

10. I have a list submitted to them. They aren't things that I have to have, just a wish list of sorts. Dave who does the sales is great, he can party like a rock star. I def reccommend hanging with those guys. They are down to earth.

#10     Nov 9, 2006