HYBRID ....I can't see the difference...can you see the difference?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by mcelitetrader, Oct 13, 2006.

1. vlst

vlst

I'm concerned, I make all my money on price improvements through SDOT limit orders. But I know there's always inefficiencies in the market due to human nature for me to capitalize on.

#21     Oct 20, 2006
  2. alot of prop shops are going to be hurt from the hybrid market since alot of prop traders trade NYSE exclusively.

its not impossible to profit off hybrid stocks, it is just harder since it seems the volatility is less for hybrid stocks and the moves are alot choppier. maybe this is because hybrid just rolled out and maybe things will get better a few months down the road.

i know for a fact that almost everyone in my office has experienced a significant cut in profitability.

#22     Oct 21, 2006
  3. this has been exactly my experience as well- the thicker stuff is so full of bots already

#23     Oct 22, 2006
  4. yeah, lots lots of noise...u can already see the parallels with nazzy.

#24     Oct 22, 2006
  5. in CVX, I noticed that whenever you see institutional size stepping down, it's really shady as I don't know if this has to do with the preception of hybrid but when you front run a size like that, it's not like before where it steps down, down, down, and prints...

#25     Oct 22, 2006