Hurrricane Bill - short oil on spike?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Subdude, Aug 18, 2009.

1. xty

xty

Nice to see someone who has skin in the game..........

Your comment regarding china buying everything (ACE), Its very true if they are hedging their dollar holdings however the truth is that you can use oil as an inflation hedge for so long. (as long as US consumers remain number one in the world)..... US demand is vital (Crude is not like gold that u can just store in a box...........there is very limited storage in the world and other cost involved).

Secondly i have being involved in a few deals involving the chinese compainies, one thing i noticed is that there is bit of gambling and hope in their deals (That money has to spent at all cost kind of thinking)..........those guys only see things one way (No disrespect to the chinese).

Another thing i have noticed is how u guys in the finacial industry has become the mouth piece for the whole energy industry. If history could be used to extrapolate the future, its only a matter of time b/4 everything goes belly up (tech bubble, housing bubble).

If u think we've seen oil bubble wait on till this one burst (the 2006 -2008 run was actually backed by some physical demand)

To sustain this present price , the economy has to come back big in the short and long run, and with all due respects to the americans they must really have short memories.............Only then will u make money on oil this decade.

Once again thanks for the way u presented ur perspective on oil.

#11     Aug 19, 2009
  2. EPrado

EPrado

Bingo..........

#12     Aug 19, 2009