Hurricane Irma Headed Straight For ET

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Baron, Sep 10, 2017.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

Houses here are made of CMU block, with poured concrete at window locations. A concrete roof is very expensive and I don't think from my visits to Cuba that they have concrete roofs. In a cat 4-5 that's all that matters is how much can the roof hold. everything else is noise.

#31     Sep 20, 2017
  2. speedo

speedo

Been there done that...sucks

#32     Sep 20, 2017
  3. speedo

speedo

San Juan PR got it bad...love that town

#33     Sep 20, 2017
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Pobrecito..I feel terrible for them.

#34     Sep 20, 2017
    speedo likes this.
  5. speedo

speedo

100% of PR is without power....sheesh

#35     Sep 20, 2017
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Note to myself: When I pick a tax shelter in the Bermudas make sure I will have a yacht to sail away from hurricanes.

#36     Sep 20, 2017
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Hopefully this will not require a thread title-change..."Hurricane Maria Headed Straight For ET."

#37     Sep 20, 2017
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Live thread with pretty sad stories:

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/71cm5a/whole_of_puerto_rico_without_power/

Sample:

" We got wrecked. Slept in the bathroom, my window blew out in the middle of the night. Thankfully the apartment where I'm staying only flooded with 2 inches of water. There's people who lost EVERYTHING.... We are expecting to be without electricity for 4 to 6 months. On top of that, heartless assholes are already looting businesses and homes. The police force will not be able to handle the crime wave. "

#38     Sep 20, 2017
  9. Carlll

Carlll

Hurricanes are really dangerous and, especially, of this level. It's a shame we still haven't learnt to control or, at least, weaken them. And the best thing would be to use their strength for something good.

#39     Oct 29, 2017
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

#40     Oct 29, 2017