Hurricane Irma Headed Straight For ET

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Baron, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

You are an idiot, Key West is in Florida and it was 5 there. But it isn't really the size of the hurricane's penis, but how big of a load it sprinkles into your face...

#11     Sep 11, 2017
    speedo likes this.
  2. Just went through that baby in Jupiter Island, very very nasty, best wishes Baron.

#12     Sep 11, 2017
    TraDaToR likes this.
  3. Cat 4, but destroyed it, Cuba north coast took Cat 5.

#13     Sep 11, 2017
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I hope you guys make it without too much destruction...

That said, if one of you can go out checking if oranges have fallen off trees, it would be greatly appreciated( I know, I am a dick...LOL...Just joking...).

#14     Sep 11, 2017
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Hey, nothing wrong with a little heads up on the underlying you're trading! (Oranges) hehe.

#15     Sep 11, 2017
  6. d08

d08

This storm wasn't that big of a deal. As we know if something happens in the US it's a "horrible disaster" but if the same thing happens elsewhere it's just...news, quickly forgotten.

Streets nearby here (Manila) are flooded worse than Florida but this doesn't even make the news.
    I guess the news channels made a fortune here though, a bit of drama, a lot of ad revenue - good stuff.

#16     Sep 12, 2017
  7. Friend's business

IMG_9127.JPG

25% of Keys houses destroyed, 65% of the rest massive damage.

#17     Sep 12, 2017
    TraDaToR likes this.
  8. luisHK

luisHK

Nasty. Surprising though how many cardboard houses seem to be built in Southern USA. The area is regulary hit with hurricanes but lots of folks still live in utterly fragile accomodation, every hurricane in the US we get similar pictures and I have a hard time figuring out why they still build like this.
    HK and Shenzhen are regularly hit with typhoons but overall seem to get away fine (Still Macau and Zuhai suffered a couple of weeks ago, where I stay it was a little better, had twice fallen trees and branches next to my car upon waking up over the last month but they spared it - so far), and as D08 mentioned The Philippines get serious damage every year, in human lives as well, but I suspect the infrastructure there is much worse than in HK, SZ or Southern USA.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    #18     Sep 12, 2017
    d08 likes this.
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think we all would love to hear an update from Baron....?

#19     Sep 12, 2017
    TraDaToR likes this.
  10. d08

d08

Like Luis said, most of the houses are built poorly. Notice that none of the well built skyscrapers came down. We are still talking pretty much only about property damage which is bad but not life ending, especially in a first world country. The deaths in US credited to the storm were traffic accidents, which I find strange.

Here's a picture of Manila from today, this I believe didn't even get a mention in any international news (note that I'm saying international news). Not saying it should but compared to the crazy bombardment about Florida, it seems strangely disproportionate.

[​IMG]

Infrastructure here is often better than the US in that for most people it's concrete, meaning it won't just blow away like cardboard. Construction quality can be poor but the use of proper materials makes up for it. Roofs do fly away but they're typically easily repaired. I've witnessed a couple of typhoons here, one of them serious - branches are flying and trees come down but I've yet to see residential houses fall down. Ironically one of the roofs on a big shopping mall collapsed while the shacks built by squatters survived completely intact!

#20     Sep 12, 2017
    lindq and TraDaToR like this.