Hurricane Ike

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Sep 4, 2008.

1. 2pm update track even more west now, possibly hit in the same spot as gustav or maybe even further west. How intense, depends on how long it stays over cuba.

#51     Sep 6, 2008
  2. Ike should now present an immense danger to the Gulf Coast in the next week.

#52     Sep 6, 2008
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

looks like it will skirt Cuba/key west .....tomm morning sunday we will know if Miami is out of danger.....

if it skirts Cuba and Flows through the warm waters of the florida straits...we are going to have some pissed off mo-fo's in louisiana...who will most probably have to evacuate again....

If Cuba takes another hit....it may just spark a revolution...

#53     Sep 6, 2008
  4. once again 5pm update shows the same thing, this storm is moving pretty quick it should be almost in the gulf by monday, i think alot of the louisiana evacuees haven't even bothered coming back, this is absolutly rediculous, the states are sending 1 billion in aid to georgia people we don't even fucking know when they should send that 1 billion or more to residents and evacuees.

#54     Sep 6, 2008
  5. I have a feeling that the mountainous areas of Cuba won't break this one up...it popped from 110 to 135 in 6 hours...if it stays together it really is not looking too good for MS or LA...this thing has been powerful for days and has a very well formed eye.

Glad we are out of the woods and El Cubano must have been spitting chips yesterday , but looks relatively safe now ;except for a good blow as it passes.

As for the costs of getting the residents vacuated ...small chips in the whole scheme of things.

Unless you have actually evacuated you don't realise the impact it has on you when you feel that you are helpless to protect your property and the upheaval it has on the kids...it is not fun.

#55     Sep 6, 2008
  6. if i lived there i would build my house 20 feet of the ground on very thick concrete stilts and the structure would be an homage to ww2 bunkers, then i would build a 4 foot wide cement wall around my property. problem solved.

#56     Sep 6, 2008
  7. ah hype hype hype...Oil will sell off like did last week after last weeks hurricane hype...no biggy

#57     Sep 6, 2008
  8. Ike does look scary Pabst, yes indeed. But what's scarier is the "weird" moderation going on in trading. Last week when i started the exact same thread, ivanovich emphatically stated that hurricanes aren't trading related and dumped the thread in the crapper. I wonder how his ideology changed in just a few short days.:confused:

For hurricane Ike, maybe costco and walmart are buys.

#58     Sep 6, 2008
  9. Persdawg

Persdawg

you are set up on a fee schedule...that is essentially like commission. the more money you pay out...the higher up the fee schedule you move...ethically of course.

i did know guys who made deals with some insureds where the adjuster would WAY over pay by tens of thousands of dollars...and in return, the insured would give the adjuster a chunk..you're obviously in trouble if you get caught on that..but as long as you have have good pics, and don't get reinspected, you could hustle all day long.

also, there are less headaches if you pay more than fair amount, as the claim will remain closed-which is what all ins. co's want.

#59     Sep 6, 2008
  10. I sorta thought so. Isn't this kinda stupid? Like in "really" stupid?

I just got a notice from Citizens Windstorm. They are rewriting all policies. They are saying they want to be sure everybody raises coverage so they can rebuild. We have contractors down here with hands in pockets. Makes no sense. But, they are reducing coverage if you have an old shingle roof. I did pre 05, and got a free one. Of course, the storms scared the hell out of me. Shingles went in Frances. Felt in Jeanne. But I got a roof, and thought it was pretty stupid I paid the same premium as the next guy.

#60     Sep 7, 2008