Hurricane Ike

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Sep 4, 2008.

1. having lost everything in Katrina, believe me, it took 2 years to get back on my feet

if you think dealing with the government is bad, try insurance adjusters...

#11     Sep 4, 2008
  2. I can only imagine....

Hope you're doing well!

#12     Sep 4, 2008
  3. Dow 9000 coming at ya like Hurricane Andrew!

#13     Sep 4, 2008
  4. Mercor

Mercor

IKE, being a good republican has got to heading to Delaware!

#14     Sep 4, 2008

5. Im very sorry to hear that, did you live in NOLA?

#15     Sep 4, 2008
  6. lived on the Miss./Louisiana line.

the eye went over the house.

some houses were never found. and 2 guys and a bartender were at a neighborhood Bar when i left claiming they were going to ride it out.

They never found the Bar or the 3 guys in it.

#16     Sep 4, 2008
  7. Jeez.

#17     Sep 4, 2008
  8. This will hit somewhere from the southern tip of FL to Melbourne. It's guaranteed to be a Cat 3. I give it 60% chance hitting Cat 4 and 30% chance Cat 5. If that trough drifts more to the north it will be a cat 5. It's projected to dip to the southwest for a few days, the further south it goes, the stronger it will get.

I have a passion for tracking these things. I told all my friends that if Katrina did as forecasted and drifting SW and went directly over the Gulf Loop that it would be a Cat 5. It did.

I also mentioned on another trading site that there was a 80% chance of Gustav reaching Cat 4 before ANY forecasters did while it was 60mph.

Hurricane Andrew was an amazing freak of nature. It was a classic buzzsaw, the most beautiful infrared pic I've ever seen was the famous landfall of Hurricane Andrew.

#18     Sep 4, 2008
  9. Just took a peek at the 11pm Nat Hurricane 5 day plot....NOT GOOD at all....it seems that our only saving grace will be a low pressure system coming from the mid west..if it stalls we could be in deep,deep poop.

The fact that it is a small hurricane in size means diddly squat as the winds 120 mph are no fun,any time...the most I have experienced were approx. 100+ and that is a scream you don't forget...like a 1000 rats all caught at the same time and it seems to go on for an eternity.

If it is a cat. 3+ ,I will be pulling up stumps and getting the family out of here possibly west coast florida ( like a million others at the same time) as I live on the intra coastal.

Not sure I want to see the next report issued:mad:

#19     Sep 4, 2008
  10. this country is so broke that I can't see how we can subsidize these $100 - $200 billion hits every year

main line insurers are pulling out. even in areas well away from the coast, homeowner insurance rates are out of sight.

#20     Sep 4, 2008