Hungary "very grave situation" - previous government lied about economy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Kassz007, Jun 4, 2010.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

Yes you are right but Slovakia, Malta and Slovenia are in the EURO.

Enormous debt.

#11     Jun 4, 2010
  2. loza

loza Guest

Slovakia and Slovenia are both stronger economically, one - Slovenia with its vibrant tourism the others Slovakia is news to me, (as to why they let them in) Hungary might default and get kicked out so what? They have been raped for 2000 years.. I am being sarcastic.

#12     Jun 4, 2010
  3. loza

loza Guest

Slovakia and Slovenia are both stronger economically, one - Slovenia with its vibrant tourism the others Slovakia is news to me, (as to why they let them in) Hungary might default and get kicked out so what? They have been raped for 6-700 years.. I am being sarcastic.

Rumor has it that during the precursor of joining the EU, most intelligent Europeans knew that it was not all that great and voted against it. Like in the US the puppet masters in the media, etc, still got them joined....Most better businesses they had is in foreign hands now.....another few hundred years of getting F'd.....gosh...lucky I have left...

#13     Jun 4, 2010
  4. dhpar

dhpar

that's an uninformed statement. hungary has a big external debt (relative to their GDP) - think currencies like CHF, EUR, USD.

to your second comment - e.g. the czech republic will not go to EURo because they have good enough credit. the debt is low, the government is going to right of center etc. there is no reason why they should be spending their hard CZK currency to bail out PIGS...

in other words there are huge differences among individual countries in europe - even bigger than those among states in the US.

#14     Jun 4, 2010
  5. loza

loza Guest

I know that the situation is serious. There is a lot of mortgage debt in currencies(other than Forint), they are all private (not backed by the government. The government has debt in other currencies but like I said it is possible to print Forint - as long as it is a convertible currency (for how long it is the question) and exchange it to foreign currency like the swiss, why do you think the Forint is tanking as we speak? THEY ARE DOING IT! My friend has child support payment in forint and he is now paying a lot less what he used to...

#15     Jun 4, 2010