Hungary to default before Greece?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by schizo, Jun 5, 2010.

1. schizo

schizo

This is the start of a wild fire that will not be contained.

2. WinSum

WinSum

If Greece can borrow money from the IMF, why can't Hungary ?

3. zdreg

zdreg

who is going to get burned?
    how are you going to make money off it?

all wild fires eventually die but as u imply we are in the early stages.

To Winsum:

Hungary already has borrowed. do some research. what are limits to how much the IMF will loan?

4. Hungary has already borrowed 20 bln some but not enough.

5. Andris_2

Andris_2

The comments from officials that caused the mess around Hungary is just a part of a petty and pathetic political game. Those silly comments were far from the truth becuse Hungary is far from bankruptcy even the economic situation is not best.

6. I am sooooo sick of these damned European countries!!!!! Always sooooo damned competitive - now they are competing to see who can default first :p

7. It is the European version of "The Biggest Loser". :D

8. Read up on Dave Rosenberg's letter - "breakfast with dave". the latest and greatest thing driving consumer consumption is the "strategic default" on your mortgage.

9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yeah, if we have to put a wager on it, my bet is on California. Oh wait, did you say European????

10. Yeah - damned Californians!!!! Always playing "keep up with the Joneses," but in California's case it is "keep up with the Europeans!" :D

I can see it now! California snubbing the French: "Not only is our wine better, but we can default quicker than any European country!"

#10     Jun 6, 2010