Humbled and Depressed

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by jstox, Jan 10, 2006.

1. I actually wish my wife was more interested in trading... especially when I have good days, but I know it's best to not say a thing. I'd rather come up to her one day and say, "Hey, ya know I've been trading now for eight months -- just thought ya like to know I've made X amount of dollars so far..." :)

#21     Jan 17, 2006
  2. Oh yeah, I used to brag a bit! "Look honey, I made more money today than you will all week". Then she'd come back later and say something like, "Why didnt you do the laundry or the dishes, all you do is sit around all day". I don't say too much anymore!

#22     Jan 17, 2006
  3. I am doing in fact the same, when i win 5000, i''ll say i won 500 today, it was an excellent day, shall i take us to a restaurant?
    the same with losing, all divide it minimum by 10.
    So everybody is not worried and happy.
    Actually i have said to her " one day i come home and i call the kids and you to discuss something"
    Then i will say i have something won and i will take an reasonable amount out of mij left pocket and then i will study there faces.
    A while later then i do the same with the amount out of my right pocket and do the same with my left pocket of my trousers and so on.
    Only thinking on this situation mptivates me to make the best of it! :p

#23     Jan 22, 2006
  4. Great "home" system.

#24     Jan 22, 2006
  5. Didn't realize donkeys could identify major support levels with such vigor and accuracy!

#25     Jan 22, 2006
  6. I simply could not trade without Wifey. She is the reason I trade.

#26     Jan 22, 2006
  7. I am not married so I don't understand the power of a wife.

As a full time day trader, a trade (I assume it is long term or swing trade) should be based on fundamental (company's financial situation), or technical (historical price/volume, trend, etc) analysis instead of opinion. Also, I would factor in psychological factors into the trade but they are non quantifiable.

If you are pressured by your wife, you are trading based on opinion. However, if she present to you the fundamental and technical analysis and you analyse them and feel good about them, then DO IT and have a win-win situation with your wifey...

#27     Jan 23, 2006