"Humble advice for Series 7 candidates"

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by exce26, Oct 23, 2001.

1. exce26

exce26

Hello, Chris
    Are you one of the writer on realmoney.com?

#11     Oct 24, 2001
  2. ChrisRT

ChrisRT

Yes, I have been filling in for Todd and also do Trading Track for the RM side.

#12     Oct 24, 2001
  3. exce26

exce26

Cool!:cool:

#13     Oct 24, 2001
  4. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Chris you are a class act (you never mentioned the great room that you and Vadym run).

www.realitytrader.com

#14     Oct 24, 2001
  5. Hi all. I really recommend the PassTrak series, including the CD-ROMs or diskettes. I read the books of course but honestly feel I passed mostly because of taking the practice exams on the CD-ROMs over, and over, AND OVER, ad nauseum. I was told that once you start scoring in the 80's on the practice exams you'll be fine, and that was totally accurate. I was scoring in the high 80's and low 90's on the practice exams and ended up with an 81.

And yeah, the hardest questions were the munis.

Good luck all!

:)

p.s. Any Series 55 advice out there?

#15     Oct 31, 2001
  6. Eugene

Eugene

Just passed my exam on Monday. My head was pounding after the exam, not to mention my heart when I was waiting for my score.

I used Dearborn. Highly recommend. The CD was the key. I did study the book first to get familiar, but banging the tests is what did it. I actually had about 5 questions that were damn near identical. I wasn't expecting 260 questions. But what I found interesting was my score. I had correct 219 questions. But if you take the percentage, that's 84%. But I scored a 87. It's almost as if you can throw out 10 questions. 219/250 is an 87. Anyone else confirm this.

It feels weird not to study.

Good luck. Bang the "tests" slowly!!!!

#16     Oct 31, 2001
  7. mjt

mjt

Eugene

Congrats on passing the test!

This might answer your question about the extra questions. This is a quote from my exam booklet:

One way the NASD and NYSE determine the validity of new questions is by including five experimental questions in some tests...these questions will have no effect on your exam score...

I know that would give you 255 questions, not 260, but maybe they give 10 extra questions sometimes.

#17     Nov 1, 2001