Human-€induced climate change requires urgent action

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Aug 7, 2014.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Jem may be obsessed and deluded, but I wouldn't characterize him as a "fagcunt", whatever that might be.

#31     Aug 8, 2014
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Just curious, but I'm betting the "comedy" in you home life is a cross between Orville and Hardy and the Marx brothers, isn't it?

I mean, taking out the completely ridiculous political angle you come from and just focusing on the type of your humor (what is funny to you), I am reminded of that old uncle that every family reunion has that tells the one liners, the quips, etc that everyone pretends to find funny and politely laughs (at) with before suddenly realizing their drink needs to be refilled and excusing themselves.

#32     Aug 8, 2014
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Your family reunions must be a real treat.

#33     Aug 8, 2014
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Not really. A good part of my distant family (cousins and such) are losers that suck on the government tit with no intention to get a job. They try to borrow money from my dad all the time (and from me on occasion - that's good for a laugh) with sob stories about how they can't pay the bills. This is despite the fact that they could all go out and get a job - none are disabled or otherwise. They're just lazy.

My step brother sat at home and played video games until his unemployment ran out, then he went out and got a job delivering pizzas, only to fall off his bike on the way to work, go on disability, etc. Total bums.

I usually don't hang out with any of them, so if there is a family reunion, I either don't go, or hang around the part of the family who works for a living, etc.

Is that kinda how you saw it?

#34     Aug 8, 2014
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Actually I don't think about you or your family at all. But I found your characterization of a family reunion interesting.

Why not invite them all to bring their guns? That would make things REALLY interesting.

#35     Aug 8, 2014
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Because very few of them own guns.

Even if those who own them did, why do you think it would be REALLY interesting? We're law abiding citizens. It's not like some scene out of Tombstone or another Western where we all yell "Yeehaw!" and fire our pistols into the air, or play poker and shoot each other over "cheatin' and stealin".

Is that how you lefties think things go with gun owners?

#36     Aug 8, 2014
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

There are plenty of entertaining things to read about gun owners in the news. And, curiously, they're always surprised that things turned out the way they did.

#37     Aug 8, 2014
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Plenty of entertaining things to read about fishermen, too. Or cops. Or carnival participants and actors.

Life is funny. Owning a gun doesn't make it any more or less so.

#38     Aug 8, 2014
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

But it makes it a lot more interesting. Especially when one shoots his dick off. Although that's pretty funny, come to think of it.

#39     Aug 8, 2014
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Neither would I, but then jem doesn't have "experimental" sex with his brother either.

#40     Aug 8, 2014