Human climate change big factor in Somali famine

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Mar 15, 2013.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Somalia: the Real Causes of Famine
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/somalia-the-real-causes-of-famine/25725

The mainstream media casually attributes the famine to a severe drought without examining the broader causes.
    Somalia remained self-sufficient in food until the late 1970s despite recurrent droughts. As of the early 1980s, its national economy was destabilized and food agriculture was destroyed.

Somali drought - this is a repeat from the 1960s, 1930s, 1890s, 1850s, 1810s, 1740s, 1600s, and just about the entire Somali history for the last few thousands of years.

But wait... the latest drought and famine is due to "man-made climate change" according to the press.

#11     Mar 15, 2013
  2. The science is settled.

#12     Mar 15, 2013
  3. Haha this is good..

#13     Mar 15, 2013
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Yeah... I was told the science was settled in my 1970's earth science class when I was informed that global cooling was an 'established fact'.

#14     Mar 15, 2013
  5. Silly boy, science is never "settled". If science was settled, there would only be newtonian mechanics and no quantum mechanics.

#15     Mar 15, 2013
  6. And STILL, nothing from a reliable authoritative source. Why can't you denier morons EVER use reliable authoritative sources? Don't you wonder why NOAA and virtually every climate scientist in the world - 97%- and all the world's science organizations are in agreement but you denier morons still deny it? Don't you wonder about that?

Global cooling LOL. pisspoor, do enjoy making yourself look like an ass? After exposing your stupidity with that two year ice chart I would have thought you would crawl away with your tail between your legs and finally shut up. Have you no shame?

[​IMG]

#16     Mar 15, 2013
  7. pspr

pspr

You're still acting the fool, FC. I see you are still using that 97% consensus lie, too. You are like a little minion just repeating the conclusions reached with falsified data and cherry picked time frames. I'm surprised you aren't still posting your 'hockey stick' chart. LOL

FutureCunt, you really need to open your eyes. You have been fed lies and you are swallowing it hook line and sinker. The data sources I've presented to you are beyond reproach. Unlike your falsified data scientists.

I know you are having a problem with the truth but the rest of the readers in P&R realize how wrong you have been and the facts show you are just an alarmist with presenting an old and tired view of the world climate.

It's too bad you are so stupid and stubborn but most of us don't care because we've tried to explain the truth to you but you prefer to remain ignorant, moronic and left behind in the scientific fact department.

#17     Mar 15, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

...you're an idiot?

#18     Mar 15, 2013
  9. Mercor

Mercor

The world produces enough grain to feed the world and some.
    Problems are political , war and infrastructure that reduce the opportunity to get foodstuffs to these people.

Drought is not the problem.

In fact more warming will help produce larger food production.

#19     Mar 15, 2013
  10. stoic

stoic

Saying ... "better safe than sorry..." it's becoming so common it should be the catchphrase of the 21st century. Television anchors stretched, desperately looking to fill airtime, politicians infatuated with the media hype submit new, mostly bad Bills, to fix non-existent or perceived problems, academics anxious about the possibility of having to make it in the real world make proposals for the funding of studies on the hot topics of the day. I call it the “Chicken Little Syndrome”. We live in an era when the media and political leaders are consistently trying to scare the shit out of us. We can’t board airplanes without being frisked because of the risk from terrorists. Every piece of luggage left behind in the subway causes widespread panic. The food we eat causes cancer or worse causes us to be obese. That unusually cold winter is just a fore bearer of a new Ice Age, the drought in the mid-West is a distinct sign of catastrophic global warming......uh.... O' hell just call it Climate Change.

Yes, it is better to be safe than sorry. But it is also better to be smart than stupid. And it is better to be calm than to panic.

Futurecurrents definitely has a bad case of “Chicken Little Syndrome”. YTD, 28 new threads started by FC and 23 on AGW. He states that he just wants to provide new information to the deniers, yet it appears only to be another excuse to post the same old charts and call anyone who provides opposing views, debates, or disagrees an asshole moron. He seems to have the same affliction as Freethinker, surf the web, but not for knowledge, surf only for articles that totally agree with his beliefs, cut, paste, and plagiarize until he gets a false idea intellectualism and then add-in his suffering OCD. I for one pity anyone with such a narrow view of the world. It's been said " ....a mind is a terrible thing to waste......." I would have to agree, a mind is a terrible thing to waste..... I would have to add, and the only one who can waste it is the owner.

#20     Mar 15, 2013