Human brain is wired to lose in the markets

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Trading Education Buyer, Nov 19, 2016.

1. SPEEDY IS RIGHT.LOONEY TRADERS ON e t

#51     Nov 23, 2016
  2. A handicap differential is calculated from the scores, using the course slope and rating, and the player's handicap differentials are used to calculate the player's handicap. A golfer whose handicap is zero is called a scratch golfer. A golferwhose handicap is approximately 18 is called a bogey golfer.

#52     Nov 23, 2016
  3. alfa8

alfa8

I wonder why Dalio or Buffet or Soros are not wired to lose!

#53     Nov 26, 2016
  4. Winjak

Winjak

Haha. I'm laughing :D
    The truth is that different people have different motivation. Some of them are just afraid of losses, and some want to achieve success. That's all. I would not say that people are wired to do or not to do something. The other way, there wouldn't be any millionaire on our planet.

#54     Nov 28, 2016
  5. They have been many decades very active in the markets.
    So surely, they are wired - or learned to wire themseves as Dalio is a big fan of meditation - to get a positive result.

#55     Nov 28, 2016
  6. "The human brain is wired to lose in the markets."
    FALSE

"The publically educated brain is wired to lose in the markets."
    TRUE

If you want to be wired to win you have to undo the wiring that you were wired with when you went through the public school system. For example, even though it wasn't a subject or a particular lesson, I bet all of you who were publically educated learned to feel a sense of personal responsibility for things you can't control (but believe you should be able to control). I bet it even runs so deep that you think every person in the world has that tendency (they don't).

If you want to win, you have to accept that you can only control when you buy and sell, and cannot control the outcome, the frequency of trades signals, the size of each win, the speed with which the price moves, etc. People who were groomed for corporate and public leadership through private schools learn a much more amoral code of ethics and are not made to feel responsible for anything much less the things they can't actually control. That's why the 99% judge them as being "morally bankrupt." By the way, the lack of responsibility is just one example. To win, you really have to kick your blue collar/white collar "public school" training and adopt a world view that is the complete opposite of "If it's to be it's up to me." The markets move on their own. And if you feel even the slightest sense of responsibility for any outcome after you press "submit" and open a position, you will be paralyzed by fear so that losing trades run deep, or so compulsive that you can't hold a winner more than a few seconds.

#56     Nov 28, 2016
    profitlocker likes this.
  7. You can change your brain and trading style ,rewire your brain

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/the-most-important-skill-for-succesful-traders.304679/

#57     Dec 2, 2016
  8. alfa8

alfa8

or you can be a quant and wire your robot in anyway you like; then step back and watch

#58     Dec 2, 2016
    Winjak likes this.