Human brain is wired to lose in the markets

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Trading Education Buyer, Nov 19, 2016.

1. speedo

speedo

I am not a Leftist but nice try...I just don't like trolls, fail to see their usefulness, and in the case of a forum like this they can be destructive.

#31     Nov 20, 2016
  2. zdreg

zdreg

the subject was not trolls but websites that offer poor advice for the new traders. you used the words that these websites should should be banned. you have not made a case for banning them.

#32     Nov 20, 2016
  3. speedo

speedo

My "case" referred to trolls not websites, you argue whatever you wish.

#33     Nov 20, 2016
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

T2W sucks.
    Baron should buy it, unf*ck it, and monopolize stock market forums worldwide. (especially since Yahoo is pretty much no more. Why is that anyway?... Yahoo that is? Wonder why they shut down. ). Opportunity knocks.

#34     Nov 20, 2016
  5. Overnight

Overnight

This piece of the article is a terrible comment... "This is why poker players will say “I knew I shouldn’t have done that” why capable, talented professional QBs will still occasionally make an INT throw that is so bad that a 5 year old can see it was the wrong decision, and why intelligent traders can blow up their accounts or make a series of very bad decisions."

What 5-YO could see that a throw by a QB would be intercepted? Are they prescient? WTF is that author on about?

Why does nobody ever talk about the winners? If we keep focusing on the losses, we will continue to lose. Let's focus on the fucking winners, NOT THE LOSERS. You will get what you concentrate upon.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    #35     Nov 20, 2016
  6. Even the game rangers were losing their shirt in the zoo , even turveyd fled from those losers , all the animals were suffering from Dunning Kruger effect , pity E T allows free speech and fleeing animals.

#36     Nov 20, 2016
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

TEB.... I'm not a moderator here..... and if English is your second language so be it... but posts like this make very little sense. WTF does that mean?!!

#37     Nov 20, 2016

8. You have not understood what he is saying about the stress response.

When you are under stress , you will do anything , not in your plan , but you rational mind is blocked under stress.Even a child knows what is right thing to do , but you as a stressed out have lost it , due to stress.

If you’re a professional QB while 300 pound lineman are rushing at you, stress happens.When stress happens , your rational thinking goes out of the window.When stress happens , we get into a fight or flight mode.Fight or flight makes it so your autonomic nervous system doesn’t care about your past logically sound plans. We make decisions first, and justify them afterwards.

Fight or flight is how our brain is wired from ancestral genes , all animals are also wired for stress responses , which are subconcious

If a cat jumps amongst the pigeons , the pigeons fly (stress response) = flee ( cat is fight)

Traders close good trades , when they seee adverse bars or price movements against us , even in a very profitable trade.

#38     Nov 20, 2016
  9. game ranger = moderators
    zoo = t2w
    animal = zoo community

Mods were suffering D K , they thought they were traders , they done their money = their human brains were wired to get sucked in and lose

Losing shirt

DEFINITION of 'Losing Your Shirt' In the investment world, this expression is used to describe a very bad investment that causes an investor to lose everything he or she has invested (and more, in some cases).

#39     Nov 20, 2016
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Losing your shirt needs no definition. That one has been around for awhile.

But........What is DK? And who exactly are you speaking of?

#40     Nov 20, 2016