HUI, NEM, and the XAU Appear To Have Hit An Important High

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by JoeF_Rocks, Jan 13, 2006.

1. I think you could be right. Interesting what you said about Federal reserve bank credit , where do you get the data, and how have you backtested?

I have been looking for a correction in gold too. It isn't happening so far but let's see next week. Gold is fun to short. The current mood borders on insanity. Everyone says to buy gold.

#11     Jan 13, 2006
  2. #12     Jan 13, 2006
  3. Thanks Joe very interesting, so you are bearish on stocks as well ? mainly because of the drop in bank credit?

I think you may be right, but maybe you are wrong . Who knows? market could blast in a climax before rolling over in summer

#13     Jan 13, 2006
  4. As I said, an Elliot Wave 4 down for the major upcycle since 5-16-05 (for the stocks) is about to begin (there was more upside today) and gold will also have a substantial correction the next few weeks, then I expect a very strong rally/Elliot Wave 5 culminating in long term cycle highs later this year. I'm a Bull but I expect a substantial correction near term.

The uptrendlines of the past few weeks broke down on Tuesday for the XAU/HUI, this is rolling over/flattening out action. You have to use cycle trendlines to know what's going on you can't guess it.

#14     Jan 13, 2006
  5. grscott

grscott

I was wondering how effective you have found Elliot Wave to be? I am reading a book about it now and it seems somewhat subjective at times. Do you use any software to help identify the wave count?

Thanks.

#15     Jan 13, 2006
  6. Elliot Wave is secondary to cycle channels/trendlines, but is very useful because it provides a likely cycle structure. Looking at HUI, NEM, and the XAU's major int term upcycle since 5-16-05, they appear to be putting in Wave 3 right now which, if true, points to a substantial and potentially protracted 3-5 week correction.

#16     Jan 13, 2006
  7. trader99

trader99

Joe,

I hate to say this. But I'l love to see you go short gold futures with real money. I would bet it will go higher. Though the charts on the longer term looks a little extended at least in the short run. I would n't short here...

#17     Jan 13, 2006
  8. As I said, an Elliot Wave 4 down for the major upcycle since 5-16-05 (for the stocks) is about to begin (there was more upside today) and gold will also have a substantial correction the next few weeks, then I expect a very strong rally/Elliot Wave 5 culminating in long term cycle highs later this year. I'm a Bull but I expect a substantial correction near term. I'd have no problem shorting gold once it establishes a near term downtrend. I'd trade Puts though. I trade XAU Puts/Calls as opposed to gold options, but most of my money is made trading gold/silver stocks long.

The unusual strength recently is a sign that an important cycle high is near as is all the bullishness. Human emotion/sentiment is contrarian. The fact that most are so bullish is a very bearish sign near term. Take a good look at the charts and you'll see it's time to correct.

#18     Jan 13, 2006
  9. Going to 580. That's what the charts tell me.

#19     Jan 13, 2006
  10. trader99

trader99

i sure hope so for many good reasons... hehe

#20     Jan 14, 2006