Huge volume on AMD Dec25 puts

Discussion in 'Options' started by uninvited_guest, Nov 25, 2005.

1. That might have given AMD the big boost today.

#21     Dec 1, 2005
  2. Actually my post isn't meant to "make sense" to you. I think you should ignore my comments. They are directed at folks who take a more thoughtful approach to PREPARING to trade. You don't.

Pretend I don't exist, or put me on ignore. Then you won't be troubled about anything I might suggest.

Now for folks who want to think BEFORE trading, I believe you have to know your market. IF you want to transact in AMD, you need to know AMD pretty well, including its tendency to act around earnings, around upgrades/downgrades, and other "events". Most vol crushes occur as a result of traders anticipating these events, or having inside knowledge of the result, or simply betting on the result. If you can match up the OI with comments from the talking heads, or better yet, if you know which analysts have the inside story, you can make some money.
    For those who want to pursue it, you might check out "Starmine" or any similar service. What they try to do is to identify the analyst who have a track record of calling it correctly. There is a lot more to is than this but, it is a start.

Good luck,
    Steve

#22     Dec 1, 2005
  3. ya think? Apparently you were among the last to figure it out!

Be more clear? NO, I can't "be more clear" did you want an order of fries with that?

What are you 12 years old?

figure it out or don't. What would motivate me to teach you how to see the big picture?

Steve

#23     Dec 1, 2005
  4. steve46........you are still posting crap. If AMD was down you wouldn't be posting, why didn't you post when I started this thread?

#24     Dec 1, 2005
  5. mhashe

mhashe

Looking at the chart, it seems to me some very smart fellow knew where AMD was headed and wrote a boatload of naked puts. All going to expire worthless, use the premium to buy calls. :)

#25     Dec 1, 2005
  6. You seem to me to be a person trying to tread water. You are sinking and you are flailing around trying to get something to hang onto. You aren't going to hang on to me. I think the rest of the folks know or will eventually figure out what "the big picture" is. You may be a person with the ability to ignore what is in front of you. I hope you get it. But frankly who am I to take care of you.

I dont post very often anymore for reasons that become apparent when we review your replies. Theres no two way conversation here. Its like talking to a mentally challenged child.

Please do continue as you were.

Steve

By the way folks, apparently none of us can comment unless we can tell Univited Guest before the fact, that he has goofed up.

Actually that is pretty easy to do, your next trade is a total cluster f%&k. Don't do it.

ditto the one after that.

#26     Dec 1, 2005
  7. Actually selling both Dec OTM calls AND Dec OTM puts would have been a goog move. I bought my puts when AMD was at $27.35, it's at $27.41 now. Most time decay happens in the last 4 weeks.

#27     Dec 1, 2005
  8. Sorry, there are times when a person just can't make it any simpler than it is.

#28     Dec 1, 2005
  9. Silly mistakes do tend to irritate me. but then I read these posts, and well I just cant help but laugh.

The topic of this thread is "huge volume on AMD Dec 25 puts"

I posted my opinion. You disagree. No problem. Just continue as you have been. I am getting some PM's from those who understand what I have said, and that works for me.

Please don't let me steer you away from your present course.

Steve

#29     Dec 1, 2005
  10. Thank you for the kind offer.

how interesting and how generous of you. You go from being a losing trader to counseling others in the blink of an eye.

If I decide to take you up on your offer, how long before I can duplicate your wonderful results?

Steve

#30     Dec 1, 2005