huge slippage on IDEALPRO

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by KS96, Sep 17, 2008.

1. KS96

KS96

You don't get it you two.

I am NOT asking for any guaranteed price fills.
    I am asking for my stops to trigger in a timely manner.
    That seems to be the problem in the screenshot I sent.

Can you explain what happened in times & sales?
    Above, I described in detail the problem. Read.

#11     Sep 18, 2008
  2. moarla

moarla

a stop is not a guarantie to have a fill at that price.... espescially in non ragulated markets like the FX, wishing you all the best for you....

#12     Sep 18, 2008
  3. KS96

KS96

OK are you a moron?
    I said: I am NOT asking for guaranteed price. Read.

#13     Sep 18, 2008
  4. wenzi

wenzi

I think if you are really concerned about your fill price, a stop limit order would have been better.
    When you go to the market ( at any broker ) with a market order, you get what you get.

I do not think IB will bend on a market order.

#14     Sep 18, 2008
  5. I don't think the OP is arguing that point, he's asking why his order was not filled earlier as it could have been (liquidity allowing), at a price closer to his order than a later lower bid price which wasn't quoted anywhere else as far as I can see. Looking at his screenshot and at other quotes from various sources at that time I think it's a valid question.

Maybe the IB rep could explain how/why this happened because at first glance it doesn't seem right?

#15     Sep 18, 2008

6. Bullshit.

The first post is clearly from a newbie who has just discovered some facts of life. Stop hunting ... for fxxxs sake ... thats an excuse used by those who don't know what they are doing.

I have never had a stop hunted that didn't deserve to die screaming.

And hes trading NZD/USD. NZ is like 1/5th of less than 1% of the global economy. Talk about trading for thin. I suppose it could have been an aussie kiwi cross or maybe the zlotty vs the kiwi for more fun.

Now unless we get the trouble ticket number and IB's response --- all else is speculative bs.

#16     Sep 18, 2008
  7. lol, what's your problem, having a bad day or something?

I'm going by what the OP posted is all, I didn't say anything about stop hunting, facts of life, or the pair he was trading for fxxxs sake :)

Are you really so naiive to think that stop hunting doesn't go on? lol, yeah ok, keep dreaming.

So why wasn't his stop filled earlier then, when it was hit the first time?

#17     Sep 18, 2008
  8. Unless he provides the fault docket and the response this is so much speculative bullshit.

We've seen such speculation over an over at "elite" trader. And when the facts come out ... oh ... gee whiz ... its never what the op presented.

And anyone who trades thin contracts with stop is asking for the joy that the op says he experienced newbie.

#18     Sep 18, 2008
  9. I see, so are you saying it's better to trade 'thin contracts' without a stop then :eek:

I don't think anyone was speculating about anything were they? They're just questions about why a stop wasn't filled sooner at a reasonable price rather than later at an unreasonable one.

Perhaps you could enlighten us? No, I didn't think so.

And was that 'newbie' comment directed at me? lol, me a newbie, all evidence to the contrary :D

#19     Sep 18, 2008
  10. You really are a dullard.

If one doesn't use a stop ... what does one use?

I will leave you with that question and perhaps when you figure it out you'll be a little better prepared. But probably not.

#20     Sep 18, 2008