Huge rally on Friday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Dec 25, 2008.

1. All indicators pointing to massive surge on Friday. Oil is up a buck which will be good for commodity & energy sector. Santa rally is here.

#11     Dec 25, 2008
  2. voice07

voice07

Î ïðåäñêàçàíèÿõ óõîäÿùåãî ãîäà. Âåðþ â ìàãè÷åñêóþ öèôðó - 30%.

Ïîìíþ àêòèâíûå ïðåäñêàçàíèÿ ïî íåôòè â ñåðåäèíå èþíÿ, ïîñëå êîòîðûõ âçÿë çàðàíåå áèëåòû íà âñþ ñåìüþ â Êàíêóí â äåêàáðå. (Ïåðåïëàòèë, ïî öåíàì îêòÿáðÿ-íîÿáðÿ, ÷òî òî îêîëî 1200).
    Ìîë, öåíà çà áàððåëü íå îñòàíîâèòñÿ íà ñòàñîðîêà. È áóäåò ïîä äâåñòè ê êîíöó ãîäà. È ýòî ãîâîðèëè êðóïíûå ëèöà, îáÿçàííûå çàïîäîçðèòü íåëàäíîå ñ ïðîäàæåé äîìîâ, ïîòðåáëåíèåì ìàøèí íà ïðîòÿæåíèè ïðåäûäóùèõ 18 ìåñÿöåâ. ÄæèÝì è Ôîðä óæå òîãäà, â ñåðåäèíå èþíÿ, ñåðü¸çíî ñäàëè îò íà÷àëà ãîäà. Ýòî - êîìïàøêè, êîòîðûå æèëè ïîñëåäíèå ãîäû íà ïîêóïàòåëÿõ (÷èòàé, ðåäíåêàõ) ñî ñðåäíèì ãîäîâûì (47Ê) äîõîäîì è æåëàþùèì ðâàíóòü íîâóþ 4-õ âåäóùóþ ìàøèí¸øêó íà, îïÿòü æå, çàíÿòûå êðåäèòû.

È, Ìîíÿ, ÷òî ÿ âèæó? Ïàðó äíåé íàçàä ïîäîáíûå ãîðå-àíàëèòèêè ãîâîðÿò î äàëüíåéøåì ïàäåíèè íåôòè äî 25 áàêñîâ. Ò.å., íà åù¸ òðèäöàòü ïðÎöåíòîâ îò ñåãîäíÿøíåãî áåñïðåäåëà.

Îïÿòü òðèäöàòü ïðîöåíòîâ ïðîäîëæåíèÿ äâèæåíèÿ. Íå âåðþ (ñ).

Ñäà¸ööà, äíî ãäå-òî ðÿäîì. Îòáîé è ïåðåëîìíûé ìîìåíò ïåðåäîâèêîâ êðèçèñà è ïàíèê¸ðîâ - Ïîêóïàòåëåé íåôòè - íàñòóïèë.

Ñ ñåãîäíÿøíèõ 35 - ïóòü òîëüêî îäèí - Íàâåðõ.

About predictions for the end of 2008.

I started to believe in magic number of 30%.

I do remember active predictions regarding oil price in the middle of June.
    Sorta the price of 140 per barrel is not the end. By this year end it'll go up to 200 (another 30%). It forced me to buy a set of round trip-tickets to Cancun in the beginning of December. (By the way, I paid somewhat extra $1200 comparing the prices of October-November).
    And what I see now. The same big names are talking about the further oil decline by 30%.

No trust in them (c).

Feel, that the bottom is around-the-corner. I can even touch it with my left big toe.

The biggest panic people - oil buyers - have reached the point. They shall not tolerate further decline.

There is only one way. Way to go up.
    There rest of the economics shall go slowly back. Back to the future.

#12     Dec 25, 2008
  3. Do you ever stop with this non sense? It's Christmas for the love of God. Take a break damn it. Spend some time with family and friends you pathetic troll.

#13     Dec 25, 2008
  4. Eric215

Eric215

Mind your own business. If he wants to post a comment regarding the market it's his business and this is surely the site for it. If you don't like it stop reading and go visit your own family.

With that said I'm feeling an up day but this type of prediction is not my style so I will just wait and see.

#14     Dec 25, 2008
  5. React, don't predict and you might make some cash :D

#15     Dec 25, 2008
  6. This report says otherwise:

Retailers' holiday sales drop at least 5.5 percent

NEW YORK - It's official: This was a rotten holiday season for retailers.

A weak economy and strong winter storms brought total retail sales down between 5.5 percent and 8 percent from a year ago, according to preliminary data from SpendingPulse.

Many economists have predicted this would be the worst holiday season in decades as home prices plunged, unemployment rose and nervous consumers cut costs. Compounding retailers' problems were unexpected winter storms that snowed-in would-be shoppers everywhere from Seattle to Las Vegas to Boston.

When gas and auto sales are excluded from the holiday period from Nov. 1 to Dec. 24, overall sales were down somewhere between 2 percent and 4 percent, according to SpendingPulse, a division of MasterCard Advisors that tracks total sales paid for by credit card, checks and cash.

During the holiday season, gasoline prices were down 40 percent from a year before.

A separate measure of holiday spending, from the International Council of Shopping Centers, is expected to fall 1.5 percent to 2 percent from last year, making this the worst season since 1969. A full picture of the season won't be known until Jan. 8, when major retailers report their sales results.

Food sales were strong, while clothing sales - especially the most expensive clothing - were dismal, SpendingPulse said.

Sales of women's clothing dropped 22.7 percent, according to SpendingPulse. Men's clothing sales dropped 14.3 percent and footwear sales fell 13.5 percent.

Total sales of luxury goods - defined as the highest priced tenth of jewelry, clothing and leather goods - fell 34.5 percent.

Sales of electronics and appliances were down 26.7 percent, leaving electronics retailers more rattled than any others.

#16     Dec 26, 2008
  7. Genshim

Genshim

It looks like we are going down tomorrow folks

#17     Dec 26, 2008
nope

up we go

this is the santa claus rally

#18     Dec 26, 2008
  9. This day is dead! I am short a stock from Wednesday that hasn't traded 1 share yet! Lmao

#19     Dec 26, 2008
  10. maybe we'll have 2 wail till monday 4 volume 2 pick up

nice pop..double white candles on the Dow ...should end the day up 150 points easily

#20     Dec 26, 2008