**Huge Problem with Orders** in IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Arjun1, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Switch to MAC

#11     Jan 29, 2010
  2. So, there is NO "huge problem with orders."

Didn't your mummy ever tell you that if you cry wolf all the time everyone will ignore you? And then, because its the net we will neither know nor care when he eats you?

Has anyone without an advisors account had a problem?
    Have either of the two who have a problem reported the problem?
    Why don't you PM each other and compare notes?

Why not start a thread with a sensible and relevant title to see if anyone else has a similar problem?

#12     Jan 29, 2010
  3. Hoi

Hoi

The problem is Huge for him !

To me the screenshot clearly looks that his Nymex Orders (all symbols, for Bracket-Limit-orders) have a IB-Server problem! They are stuck, hanging on the Server not working at all (light-blue means "replaced-pending", and in this case pending for EVER).
    If no other F&F-multi-account uses on the forum have the same problem, then IB should look to the specific Server his Account is running on.

#13     Jan 29, 2010
  4. Its not huge for me. Or OTCkrak. Or Optionpro007.

Is it huge for you Hoi?

For fuck's sake. Its like this place is populated by hysterical little girls. All shouting ... or perhaps screaming to stick with the insult. Screeching anyone?

#14     Jan 29, 2010
  5. Hoi

Hoi

Wrong! This guy has tried for weeks to get IB-support to solve this problem (which highly cripples his daily trading). His calls aren't heard...so in upper distress he posts on ET to get the attention it needs to solve it asap .....it's just a shame that IB-support doesn't function the way it should, and these traders need to post on ET to finaly get things solved...

Kiwi: you had to use ET in the same way, for some issues you had in the past, as well....

#15     Jan 29, 2010
  6. BSAM

BSAM

With the exception of IB chat (which should either be improved or thrown in the trashcan), when I contact IB, I mostly get very clear, direct and courteous service within a reasonable timeframe. Is something wrong with me? Or, am I just special?

(Oh, by the way, IB chat is also very good if you can get an agent. The problem is the long wait times.)

#16     Jan 29, 2010
  7. It says that no-where in the opening post that I can see. It says he contacted them two weeks ago and hasn't heard back from them.

How, if its a huge problem, has he not been chasing them every day ????

I'll assume he's one of your customers and you already know about it. Why haven't you called someone slightly more senior than CS at IB. Thats what the Sierra Chart guys would have done.

And I repeat. For most of us there is no problem let alone a huge problem or worse, a Huge problem.

A smarter approach would be to put it up more descriptively to poll for other people seeing it then pm the ib people on the board and ask for their help. There are plenty of them and they fix things --- but they get sick of the hysterical little girl style headlines.

#17     Jan 29, 2010
  8. Arjun1

Arjun1

I had more of the same issues today as I've had every day this month.
    Here is another screenshot:

#18     Jan 29, 2010
  9. Arjun1

Arjun1

Here is another one from today. I have like 30 screenshots like these.
    I've been a loyal IB customer for years. I'm not trying to bad mouth them or ruin their reputation.
    But they ignored a serious issue for a long time so I had no choice but to create this thread to see if I was the only one.
    Anyway, someone has contacted me from IB and said that he will forward this issue to the developers.
    I hope it gets resolved.

#19     Jan 29, 2010
  10. You know what, kiwi? You've made a ass of yourself a few times here with your pathetic IB fanboy bullshit, and I stopped responding to your pointless posts long ago, but this truly takes the cake. Hoi knows more about TWS than the 'coders' who wrote it. He's one of the most respected sources of info about TWS. You're a pathetic wanna-be trader/internet troll.

If Robert Hoi says it looks to him like there's a problem with TWS and you say there is no problem (and God knows what you're basing that on) I think I'll go with Robert. Are you really so stupid as to believe that anyone is going to say to themselves "Hmmm... Robert Hoi's opinion on this vs. a confused internet troll/IB Suckboy. I think Hoi is wrong, I'm going with Suckboy!!'

Clearly you can't help vomiting into every thread which points out legitimate problems with TWS. But today, just for once, why don't you go crawl back in your hole and give the grown-ups some peace and quiet?

Idiot.

#20     Jan 29, 2010