Huge mistake

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by giorgio993, Jul 2, 2018.

1. You guys are actually right. With the new ones trading at 18.50 i lost about 1200 which is okay

#31     Jul 3, 2018
    truetype likes this.
  2. jharmon

jharmon

It opened at $25.

Your inability to "pull the trigger" to exit this situation, buy stocks that have questionable finances and listing rules compliance issues, or understand simple reverse splits is a concern.

Seems like you need to learn a lot more about trading and money management.

#32     Jul 3, 2018
    rb7, CSEtrader and giorgio993 like this.
  3. I definitely do, as I said at the beginning, i’m new at trading and I wouldn’t even consider myself a beginner but i think that’s the obvious reason why i’m here asking advices to people with more experience.

#33     Jul 3, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  4. jharmon

jharmon

Quite simply, read some books. Until you do, and come up with a trading plan, position sizing, money management etc., you might as well go to Vegas.

#34     Jul 4, 2018
  5. Why newbies always start with crap stocks?

#35     Jul 4, 2018
  6. truetype

truetype

7. destriero

destriero

This thread is legendary.

#37     Jul 4, 2018
  8. Actually traded money won in Vegas playing poker. I’m definitely better on poker than trading so far lol

#38     Jul 4, 2018
  9. Bill.C.

Bill.C.

Legendary is right.
    I played poker before too, and feel it has a lot in common with trading. That is, assuming you are a student of each discipline, and not just throwing darts blindly.

#39     Jul 5, 2018
    giorgio993 likes this.
  10. jharmon

jharmon

Burton Malkiel said, in 1973, in A Random Walk Down Wall Street:
    "A blindfolded monkey throwing darts at a newspaper's financial pages could select a portfolio that would do just as well as one carefully selected by experts"

Unfortunately giorgio993 is somewhat below monkey intelligence with respect to trading, buying illiquid and bankrupt company stocks. He might get out of this with some money intact, but that's through pure luck.

#40     Jul 5, 2018