Huge flu epidemic...oh no whats going to happen to the airlines? AMR? JBLU? DAL???

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Apr 26, 2009.

1. ???

:eek:

2. Yeah airlines should take a hit. What about EWW? Up 50% since Mar9. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that trend will reverse.

3. fencerd4

fencerd4

stfu port.

4. I like Port's enthusiasm. His posts give me something to think about.

5. AK100

AK100

Just one thing to think about.

Remember how the media hyped everything out of all proportion re SARs. Then, 10% of the population would 'likely' die and 25% would be 'effected'.

Didn't happen that way did it?

Why?

Because there's an old rule in the media 'never let the facts get in the way of a good story'.

6. Daal

Daal

Its the church of armageddon, somehow the world always comes very close to 'total meltdown, end of humanity' but it always makes it through. By randomness alone the world should have ended if that was true, which means the doom and gloomers are full of it

7. I personally don't think the airlines will be affected at all.

8. MGJ

MGJ

LH is limit down. Congratulations to shorts.

9. Airlines operate on a very narrow tight rope. Even if traffic is effected by just 5% then thats a serious loss for American and Delta. I think this will be a disruption in traffic by at least 10-15% for a time period of about 1-2 months. Thats enough disruption to throw those carriers way into the red where bankruptcy might be a possibility.

10. All the airlines will be bailed out so it does not matter.

After all, it is not their fault.

:D :D :D

#10     Apr 27, 2009