HUGE (ES, YM,DAX)SELL-OFF tomorrow, August 6th...read here...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by increasenow, Aug 5, 2008.

1. It's pretty easy to spot increasenow threads.

a) Always a bunch of capital letter words in the subject, HUGE or INSANE
    b) Insert random market and prediction, like 'big upside', 'crash', 'rally'
    c) A date or time, like 'Today, 2:30 pm'
    d) And then, making the sale.. 'read here' or 'urgent, click here now!'

#31     Aug 5, 2008
  2. okay...hmmm...so, perhaps CSCO gives an "initial lift" to the market...but man...the market then becomes so "tender" and "Sensitive" and WHAM!!!!!...here comes the sell-off...again...please study your charts tonight...thanks!

#32     Aug 5, 2008
  3. As Atticus just pointed out, you must not have REAL TIME quotes!

As for the SPX chart, the first rally up from the 1200 low was roughly 91 points. Add 91 points from the last previous low at 1234 and you get a target of 1325 for an equal "measured-move".

Good Luck.
    :D

#33     Aug 5, 2008
  4. Cubes up 25 cents since your call. You really are a masochist. WHAM! You're debit! If you're really good, predict. Absent skills, trade what you see. Of course CSCO would be interpreted as bullish.

#34     Aug 5, 2008
  5. A great setup would be a gap up tomorrow morning. I always love fading those morning gaps in the futures.

#35     Aug 5, 2008
  6. Yeah, worked really well today. +40 on the NDX gap into the close.

#36     Aug 5, 2008
  7. Increasenow, please stop starting these "urgent" threads about what you THINK will happen. Your track record on such calls stinks.

Thanks...really appreciate your complaince...many thanks!!!

#37     Aug 5, 2008
  8. All the more reason it may actually work tomorrow, no? :confused:

#38     Aug 5, 2008
  9. Where is the sarcasm emoticon?

We saw Nas gap 20 higher and closed 72 higher.

#39     Aug 5, 2008
  10. kyc30090

kyc30090

Yeah, fade the rally.

I, with many of us here, think that the market is over-reacting on the no news - rate remains same - news. Only saw the fall back after the first few minutes since the Fed announcement. I scratched my head on the big run across the board. The only reason out there is "here" - all the wrong bets from the traders. Many shorts got stopped and the market keeps going up. I can imagine the market goes lower but that happens after it extends its rally. All the guys stop their loss from shorting QQQQ. CSCO drives the tech up tomorrow. Then it goes lower. I guess that's what it means by "digesting the news", even there is no news to digest. I would take profit more than short selling it.

I don't agree with many things happening in the market. But I will respect them and not to fight the trend, yet. Banks are overbought, but money keep pumping in. Commodities are oversold, but money keeps going out. Unless we have the stomach for the big ride; otherwise, don't use the big nasty words to whine here.

#40     Aug 5, 2008