HUGE (ES, YM,DAX)SELL-OFF tomorrow, August 6th...read here...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by increasenow, Aug 5, 2008.

1. #101     Aug 8, 2008
  2. kyc30090

kyc30090

Market may not be rational right now. It wasn't rational when they worried about economy and claim global demand in oil when there is a lot of supply sitting there. With rising dollar and sectors rotation, market will ignore the bad job market and thinks real estates and finance has bottomed. Market rallies without commodity material and energy stocks. Traders' market, right?

How about experts said that the coal and steel were historically under-priced? After the run-up, can they go back to the same under-price state? I do have some stocks in material and natural gas. I like their growth but the charts are worrying.

#102     Aug 9, 2008
  3. Haha What a clown you are. Short right into strength right? It worked 9 times in a row so it must work the 10th time! If it doesn't, just add to losing positions!!!!

I hope you are ready for a huge painful lesson that the market will teach you one beautiful day.

#103     Aug 9, 2008
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Wasn't it you that said I was an average loser for averaging in on DUG and SMN. If you want I can pull up the posts. I actually sold out of those positions last week with profits. Remember when Dug and Smn were under 30 and I was buying to average in my position and you thought that was a loser trade. Haha. So I'm back with more QID with an average price of $42. Please do tell me that google rimm apple and a few other tech stocks are going to bring the ndx back to 2000 highs so I can start laughing. There is no new bull market, and won't be for quite sometime. QID is headed higher.

#104     Aug 9, 2008
  5. asap

asap

never seen in my career a single trader that would pull off a strategy of averaging down the losers on a constant basis. often the strategy pays off until a devastating loser wipes out the account or at least eliminates the gains of an entire year or so. there is no way to add rationality, ie we're in a bearish market, we're heading to recession, etc., to averaging down a short position, as the market is many times out of sync with opinion makers and statistical outliers are far more frequent than gauss would say.

#105     Aug 9, 2008
  6. QID trades into the $38.00 handle today.
    You obviously do not trade based off of technicals . . . and your money management skills are absurd.

In fact, I doubt if you really trade at all.
    And nearly 7,000 posts on ET would seem to confirm that.

Does Baron pay you per post?

#106     Aug 11, 2008