Huge Econ News for Israel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by unretired, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Interesting point.

I also suspect there are large oil reserves located in the Dead Sea area.
    I am hoping that Zion oil and Gas or a reputable and reliable well funded group
    does the 40k ft hole drilling there.

#21     Apr 15, 2010
  2. #22     Apr 15, 2010
  3. sunny

sunny

I don't think it made any difference to Israeli economy so far...wonder how predictive that report could be.

I was there mid-2008 and may go again at end of the year. Didn't hear any particular boost related to oil or energy. In fact the economy gloomed similarly to the western world during crisis. If anything it gives impression of a new technology centre like Taiwan was with the chips industry.

Learned a history lesson here, that America discovered oil in M.E. in 1930, is that when all the troubles started ?

#23     Apr 15, 2010
  4. I believe that the number of terrorists in this world has hugely increased since the U.S. started meddling in others' affairs. In fact, the U.S. is now in a position where it has literally assured itself of an endless stream of future terrorist attacks by terrorists that it has itself created. These people were just people before. But after your stupid religious war robbed them of their parents, their limbs, and their dignity (Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo), they have become terrorists.

Economically, you should model your long-term positions to expect more n-sigma moves than historical data would indicate.

Ultimately, all fundamentalists need to calm down and realize that in the big picture, we are a mass of bacteria on a rock floating in space. Your particular Jesus-bacteria is no more important than their Mohammed-bacteria.

#24     Apr 15, 2010
  5. themickey

themickey

I love these type of threads, reminds me time and time again how one eyed are people with religious affiliations.

Amazing how screwed up people are when they believe dogma. Fu**'n' believe anything!

God overseeing Israel by striking gas...What a load of BS!!!
    And when the shit hits the fan, churchies either duck for cover, make excuses or say God has his mysterious ways, sheesh.
    As if our puny minds can work out God and then say he ( through his servants) wrote a book no one can agree on called the bible. Sheesh

You watch, this gas will cause more mayhem and fighting probably.
    Funny how euphoria often quickly turns to tears.

#25     Apr 15, 2010
  6. Problem is that US Jews have dual loyalty that quickly becomes one sided loyalty in trouble.

They believe they are superior people "god's chosen". And they are absolutely no different than Muslims

Jews and Muslims are two sides of a very same coin.

They don't like the fact that more and more people are realizing this

I used to be Jewish until I realized that this is all bullshit. All of it. Excuse to kill people. I want none of that.

I urge Jews everywhere to realize that Peace in Israel can't be bought with a gun and manipulation. If it could we would already have it. If you believe that only good arab is a dead arab, you are on the wrong path no matter what your rabbi tells you.

Funny how religion never understands that true security and peace lies in economically trading with your neighbor. Instead of isolation Israel wants, imagine what would happen if they started trading goods and services with Iran and others, like the do somewhat with Jordan.

They would have peace and security but rabbis would have trouble with dogma then. :cool:

#26     Apr 15, 2010
  7. sunny

sunny

they do employ a lot of construction workers from Palestine and Jordan. When there is escalating tension the industry suffered quite a bit. So there is a mutual dependency there.

You reminds me of a clip of Jon Stewart, criticising DC over having a jewish holidays: how many jews are there [DC] ? think about how many jews in NY...how many jews on the Today Show...

#27     Apr 15, 2010
  8. clacy

clacy

Do you honestly believe that Iran wouldn't have tried for nukes if Israel was nuke-free?

#28     Apr 15, 2010
  9. If the Levantine Basin is in the western Mediterranean, how does this benefit Israel? I actually looked at a map, and it is far closer to Egypt, Greece, Turkey and Libya, than it is to Israel. How does Israel get to claim this?

Israel's record of neighborly behavior is checkered to say the least. If Israel is claiming this find as theirs, it will not end well.

#29     Apr 15, 2010
  10. #30     Apr 15, 2010