Huge earnings reports after the close, GOOG, IBM, INTC & MSFT

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by S2007S, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

This seems to be a fairly uneducated outlook on IBM. IBM is one of those investments that traders without patience are never impressed with, but once the dust settles over several years the owners are making very nice returns holding this stock. On a risk/reward basis, its no contest. Much better investment then most tech stocks.

#21     Jan 23, 2012
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I have presented a clear case why shorting IBM is not a great idea. But if an asshole like you wants to short it be my guest.
    I'm sure you'll tell us prior to 2015 when you have covered your position ? Or will you use your usuall fallback that you didn't really offer up a trade and you've been long metals forever etc etc. Because that's what you said in August 2011 and metals have dropped since your post.

#22     Jan 23, 2012
  3. I'm not the world class douchebag who makes wild ass predictions about a stock "not being a short until 2015". But then again last time you were called out for your utter stupidity you threatened to sue the owner of the site and whined like a complete pussy about people "misquoting you" when your other calls crashed and burned.

btw, how's RIMM doing these days? LOL

#23     Jan 23, 2012
  4. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Actually, you just seem to be a prick who is fearful of owning anything in equities at all times and can only see metals as a useful investment. Only someone of your stance would ever see a long term hold recommendation on IBM and laugh about it.

There is nothing "wild ass" about liking IBM as a hold over several years forward. Experienced investors will easily recognize how silly your comments are.

In the mid 1990s, this exact scenario existed. Everything metals had run up, everyone and his uncle liked metal plays, and IBM was doing well but the stock was considered fully valued by many.

The next few years, IBM continued to run up, eventually splitting. Everything in metals collapsed. This scenario you seem thoroughly convinced cannot repeat. I think otherwise. If I had to choose between IBM and Gold which has a higher likelihood of "crashing", I would pick Gold. I don't think either will "crash", but in the event that value comes off either, the descent for Gold will be much more fascinating and sudden then IBM could ever be.
    And why do I think this ? Well, lets just say history is very instructive. Gold bugs are the most religious of all traders, and usually the last to realize when the rest of the market has abandoned the trade.

Fact is, IBM is not in a bubble. It makes real cash every quarter, has a very solid customer base and is growing. This fundamental value backstops the intrinsic value of the stock, and allows it to weather any dark clouds better then most. Gold, on the other hand, is highly speculative almost religious in nature. Huge bubble potential given that the only practical use of Gold is some jewelery sales in India.

That is the true irony of your posts, the way you characterize anyone long equities at any point as being risky, whereas your own recommendations are much more so. One trick ponies in trading run the risk of ruin in anything.

#24     Jan 23, 2012
  5. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Two additional points.

1. I repeat I have never owned RIMM shares nor have I
    recommended buying shares in RIMM since 2010 ( when I
    recommended a 6 week long trade which returned 25%
    exactly as I posted on this site. ).

2. I will not be bullied off the site by you and your crappy posts.
    I don't give a fk about you. I fully expect you'll be all whiny
    and petulant now, its how you are.

btw Hows your long call on metals doing from August 2011 ?
    You've made fk all on that trade; TSX has easily outperformed
    all metal plays in this time frame.

#25     Jan 23, 2012
  6. Full of shit as usual. and...

who the f'k said I bought metals in August 2011. It's true that I still own them, but it's irrelevant to the discussion SINCE I don't go around like Chicken Little and scream "get in now or you'll never get a price like this until 2015".

Also, enlighten us as to why you pulled that dumb ass IBM post within minutes last night. Or are you going to throw a temper tantrum later this year when IBM is well off the highs and you don't want to be "on the record" for another garbage call?

I guess we all just imagined your idiotic RIMM call that's gone from in the 70's last year down to the teens.

#26     Jan 23, 2012
  7. Speaking of "whiny and petulant". You wrote the book on that one. How many tissues did you go thru after writing this gem? LOL

Nine_Ender

09-20-11 04:36 PM

To the administrators :

Recent activity on your site has included significant slanderous activity involving my posts. For example, quoting out of context,
    and embelleshing what has been said to distort my message. As of today, several posters have attacked me personally including death threats and overall libelous content.

This will be stopping today. What I am requesting immediately is the deletion of every single post in my history, and the removal of my account from this site. If you do not do this, I will be consulting a lawyer with respect to sueing your site for character defamation.

Removal of my posting history is necessary to prevent the ongoing slander approach being used by several posters on this site.

Please take this request seriously, recent legislation in our country has shown that this kind of online character assassination is illegal and actionable by law.

#27     Jan 23, 2012
  8. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Special Note : Denner now on ignore again.

I thought he's grown up a little since the summer, maybe developed some perspective now that metals have stopped trending up nonstop. I was wrong. He's still an ass and a complete waste of time.

Denner seems to lack the ability to consider all aspects of an equity and what they mean. Shorting a strong stock is not a great trade, unless the valuation is way out of whack or there is pending bad news likely. Neither is true for IBM.

Denner hears what he wants to hear. He wants fearful traders driving down equities and driving up metal prices. Anything that deviates from this premise he gets agitated. Anyone long is a "permabull" going to get squashed. My last trade recommendation was from August, go long TSX around 11600.
    He hated that trade as well.

#28     Jan 24, 2012
  9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

IBM Watch

Up to over 193, a reasonable steady gain since the initial pop on earnings from 182 to 188. If Denner hasn't covered his short yet he better do so pronto !!!

#29     Feb 1, 2012

10. tell me where gold is trading.

And btw I have until 2015 to cover my IBM short and prove you to be the consumate fade.

btw, you called the top in GS last January to the day...

but you'll always be famous for that fantastically bad RIMM call. That was just comically bad...

#30     Feb 1, 2012