Huge earnings reports after the close, GOOG, IBM, INTC & MSFT

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by S2007S, Jan 19, 2012.

1. S2007S

S2007S

So GOOGLE is down $53 a share and the nasdaq is down about 4 points and will probably be positive by the close....

What Im saying is if google was up $53 a share today the nasdaq would have been up about 40 points or so....

google down 53 nasdaq flat hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    google up 53 nasdaq up 40 points

#11     Jan 20, 2012
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

You let your trade affect your ability to digest news properly.
    You said a 2% rise after hours was overdone, but its up 4.45%
    today. In the past, I've seen IBM rise 10% within two days after some earnings releases.

IBM's going to rally for several months. IBM itself says they expect to make $20 a share profit by 2015. I have no doubt given their track record they will hit that number, maybe even a year early.

Nice technical trade you made but you shouldn't hold such trades into major news. Especially with something like IBM which many times more then not beats its conservative estimates, sometimes adding in "share buyback" news as well.

#12     Jan 20, 2012
  3. .......................................

as long as " monkey boy " is running Gatesco, the stock will go nowhere.

sales guy in the top slot.

jobs was a nerd, but cool.

micro was never cool, apple is..........

s

:cool:

#13     Jan 20, 2012
  4. the dude is not cool........

s

#14     Jan 20, 2012
  5. lights on, nobody hoime.

playing thru....

s

:cool:

#15     Jan 20, 2012
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Hmmmm

AAPL down $6.00
    GOOG down $53

and the nasdaq is only down 5 points....

#16     Jan 20, 2012
  7. ...............................

hmmm

i wonder if the cfo's third cousin's brother on his step mother's side was short before the report.

would that be legal.........:)

s

#17     Jan 20, 2012
  8. IBM usually misses on the revenue side. They attribute it to 'the law of large numbers"

#18     Jan 20, 2012
  9. i dont know.. ibm is outsurcer and this is the only real income for them. compare chart to accenture. no diversification.
    when/if 'keep jobs home' etc comes, ibm is a short.

#19     Jan 21, 2012
  10. More stupidity on display.

So it won't be a short until 2015 BUT if the market should drop it won't drop AS MUCH.

I'm sure you will use this as your fallback when the market goes thru another spin cycle and your perma-bullish idiocy bites you in the ass for the umpteenth time.

(Edit: our resident idiot seems to have deleted his last brain dropping. Not to worry, "Nine-Ender", my post will serve as proof when IBM takes a nosedive).

#20     Jan 23, 2012