Huge delays when placing orders IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by BritishBuddha, Sep 10, 2007.

1. I seem to have a problem when placing orders via IB's ladder. It happens on any order, MKT via a button or a limit clicked directly onto the ladder. The order stays blue for upto 30seconds sometimes, before either going green or filling depending on how far the markets moved since I clicked it.

I'm only trading the YM.

Does this sound like a PC, ADSL fault or is their a tweak on IB I need to make?

Any suggestions appreciated.

FYI: XP pro, 4gb ram, athlon dual core, 5mb ADSL, based in UK. My CPU load spikes to a maximum of 60%, average is about 10-20%. I am running, 4 screens with IB TWS and Esignal only.

any ideas?

2. Do you have an alternate connection method?

3. I don't think you were alone. Check out the Index Futures Chat Log for today.

4. Thanks wareco, seems like a global issue then.

5. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

BritishBuddha,

Are you still experiencing this problem? If so, please post or PM me the details for a single order that was delayed so we can investigate. I need date/time and order ID or order description (symbol, size, price). Thanks.

6. Happens quite a bit with YM I don't trade it any more after the last outage.

7. Much better today, but still several seconds on high volume bursts. A few times I'd hit a limit and it would sit there staying blue as the price ripped through then swung back the other way. It always comes back green rather than black (unless a MKT), so it must be a problem prior to execution rather than confirmation.

Thanks Pete, I'll make a note tomorrow of any problem orders and send over the order ID.

8. Thanks wareco, I notice someone had a similar issue today as well.

9. yeah I was shorting so I'm guessing it's the PPT's new tactic..........:p

10. You guys are running on a verified, realtime operating system, right ? That would be Linux, Unix, or Windows Server 2003.
    If you are trading with Windows/XP, you are taking a huge risk unless it's been tuned for realtime processing.
    Trust me on this.
    I'm so scared of Windows/XP and all of it's bloatware, my trading platform now runs on a tuned Windows 2000 machine using special software to prioritize the trading applications.

#10     Sep 11, 2007