HUGE day UP coming for US Stocks tomorrow Monday 3/20-here is why...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by increasenow, Mar 20, 2011.

1. TheMan

TheMan

btw

we may rally tomorrow

but even though we are overall going to 12,819 long term

we will go to 11,315 first before breaking 12,232

pretty much has to do that --- i am wrong some times but for the most part not so much

i wish DB's thread didnt get closed

my usd/jpy target was full filled and EU is on the way to its target as well.

oil long term ( monthly chart) will print at least 124 have no idea how it will get there just that it will

i dont trade these time frames for that very reason of i dont know if it will take 3 days or 12 months

#11     Mar 20, 2011
  2. TheMan

TheMan

anyway

i love it when you give trading advice

so carry on

CAT:cool:

#12     Mar 20, 2011
  3. hayman

hayman

NYSE Bullish Percent index went BEAR 1 week ago. It is rarely wrong. We go down from here, no question.

#13     Mar 20, 2011
  4. Well... with the world's problems seeming like "no big deal"... AND with the US market trading at only about 2.75x book value(?)... the market IS a "screaming buy".

#14     Mar 20, 2011

Headline in our paper today is "1 in 7 homes in Nevada sit empty"
    My guess existing home sales will be weak if not disappointing.

#15     Mar 20, 2011
  6. A key indicator will be the Nikkei and JYen action overnight and then DAX, FTSE as well as Oil overnight... Looking for a huge unwind south in Gold as well...

#16     Mar 20, 2011
  7. Incy has this right, we open up at least 10 on ES tonight, but the Letterman lists are annoying as hell.

#17     Mar 20, 2011
  8. Jeez....looking at the list and with the west involved in wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya, unrest in Yemen, Bahrain, Pakistan and all over the middle east sure as hell looks like WWIII middle east focused.

#18     Mar 20, 2011
  9. Is that all check Arizona 18% of homes empty!! Almost all others upside down in mortgage. tip of the iceberg.

http://blogs.wsj.com/developments/2011/03/18/boom-hangover-empty-homes-pile-up/

The housing boom’s overbuilding has left plenty of empty houses nationwide, yet another problem to be solved before the battered residential market can heal.

Take the Sunshine State, which doesn’t seem so sunny these days. On Thursday, the Census Bureau revealed that 18% — or 1.6 million — of the state’s homes are empty. That’s a stunning spike of more than 63% over the past decade, CNNMoney.com reports.

Some of the state’s counties show deep pain. Collier County has a stunning 32% of homes empty, while Sarasota comes in at 23%, the site reports.

To be sure, Florida is hardly alone. Arizona’s rate is about 16%, Nevada’s comes in at 14%.

Don’t expect relief anytime soon. “Housing went from being the preeminent investment of choice to toxic waste,” Richard DeKaser, an economist with the Parthenon Group, is quoted by CNNMoney.com as saying. “It will take about eight years just to put the vacancy numbers back into the single digits.”

All this emptiness is raising concerns that that the foreclosure crisis could bring back the type of urban blight that struck some cities in the 1970s. Ben Hecht, chief executive of Living Cities, a consortium of major foundations and financial institutions working to revive inner cities, has suggested ailing cities re-examine land use and even consider razing entire developments.

“You have to say, ‘OK, what’s the short-term use of this property?” he said in a previous interview with Developments. “Sometimes it’s rental. In strong markets, it’s other owners. And in really weak markets, it might actually be demolish and land bank.”

#19     Mar 20, 2011
  10. We could bring all tsunami displaced Japanese to the US and have them located into Arizona homes and still have homes empty!!!

#20     Mar 20, 2011